Can someone assist me?

thetomps

Here is my problem. I did the work on my paper and I got B, but I don't know if it is right.

Solve the problem. Round your answer, if appropriate.

A company has found that its rate of expenditure (in hundreds of dollars) on a certain type of job is given by E'(x)= 10x + 6 where x is the number of days since the start of the job. Find the total expenditure if the job takes 2 days.

a. $26
b. $2600
c. $32
d. $3200

I used the only formula pertaining to this in my book. I wasn't sure if it would work or not. There is a lot of work included with it. If it isn't right I will do further research to find the formula.

Thanks guys!
Kay

thetomps said:
If it isn't right I will do further research to find the formula.
I'm sorry, but until you provide that formula and the work that went with it, it is impossible to come to any conclusions regarding whether "it isn't right" or not.

Please reply showing all your work. Thank you.

Eliz.

If it isnt right it is easy to tell. You just want me to go thru all of the trouble of formating this and typing it when it isnt even right. I could be spending that time working on it further. If you can't help people, just don't respond, you waste your time and theirs.

I'm sorry that the forum rules seem to have offended you, but that might indicate that you should try a different forum. The tutors at this forum generally prefer to help students learn, rather than to play "multiple guess" and give out the answers.

I apologize for any confusion.

Eliz.

thetomps said:
If it isnt right it is easy to tell. You just want me to go thru all of the trouble of formating this and typing it when it isnt even right. I could be spending that time working on it further. If you can't help people, just don't respond, you waste your time and theirs.
You could, at the very least, explain in words what you did. At least give some indication that you tried and maybe someone will help you.

Oh... And YOU are the only person wasting anyones time (although my post could be viewed as a waste also...). Tutors would be better off helping someone learn than working out a problem to just give you the answer.

I am trying to format this now I am not sure how long it will take to show my steps. I have never had to format stuff like this before. Is there any suggstions you can give in the mean time. My mom told me she thought the answer was $26.

If I were defending my work, I think the "mom" excuse wouldn't get me very far. :roll: Clearly, $26 is not good.

Did you use calculus?
Did you find a derivative or antiderivative?
Did you evaluate definite integral?

It does not have to be perfect. Just give us a clue.

Hello, thetomps!

A company has found that its rate of expenditure (in hundreds of dollars) on a certain type of job
is given by: \(\displaystyle E'(x)\:=\:10x\,+\,6\) where \(\displaystyle x\) is the number of days since the start of the job.
Find the total expenditure if the job takes 2 days.

\(\displaystyle a)\;\$26\;\;\;b)\;\$2600\;\;\;c)\;\$32\;\;\;d)\;\$3200\)

I got B.
I won't waste any more of your time or mine: Your answer is wrong.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clearly, that was not the "help" you wanted, right?

How hard is it to "format" your exaplanation?
\(\displaystyle \;\;\)I integrated "10x plus 6" and got "5x-squared plus 6x"
\(\displaystyle \;\;\)I plugged in the limits (0 and 2) and got $3200.

And we're supposed to tell (from here) how you got $2600?

Just a guess: you played the \(\displaystyle Q\spade\) instead of the \(\displaystyle 8\club\)
. . . . and you transposed to \(\displaystyle B\flat\) major instead of \(\displaystyle G\) minor.