help me with ratios and proportions, please

jc99688

can some explane ratio,proportions i need to know how to solve them

like 210 feet to 15 feet plz help!!

Please clarify. Are you saying that you're working with converting units or working with scaling, and you're supposed to use ratios and proportions to do this...? And you're asking for links to lessons on the topic...?

For instance, you post "like 210 feet to 15 feet". But what does this mean? What are you supposed to be doing with this? What method are you supposed to be using?

Please reply with the full and exact text of the exercise, the complete instructions, and either a listing of what you have tried so far (so the tutors can help you progress) or a request for lessons (so the tutors can guide you toward some good links).

Thank you.

Eliz.

jc99688 said:
can some explane ratio,proportions i need to know how to solve them

like 210 feet to 15 feet plz help!!

THAT ALL IT SEAD IN MY WORK BOOK 210 FEET TO 15 FEET SOLVE EACH RATIO TO WHOLE NUMBERS IN LOWEST TERMS

jc99688 said:
THAT ALL IT SEAD IN MY WORK BOOK 210 FEET TO 15 FEET SOLVE EACH TATIO TO WHOLE NUMBERS IN LOWEST TERMS
Please turn off "Caps Lock", so you won't appear to be SHOUTING at folks. Thank you.

To "solve" something, one needs an equation. It is not possible to "solve" a "ratio", so if the book actually asks for that, it is very poorly written. I suspect, however, that it asks you to "simplify" or "reduce" the ratios, and write them in lowest terms.

However, different texts approach this differently. Are you supposed to retain the units on this fraction, or should they cancel off? (Look in your book for the answer; we can't tell.)

As for reducing this fraction, that works in the usual manner. Write the ratio "210 to 15" in fractional form, and reduce the fraction by cancelling common factors.

For instance, "1000 to 250" would reduce as 1000/250 = 4/1 = 4.

Eliz.