Red Pencils

Look at new or low-post-count users, and compare their pencils to old and high-post-count users. :wink:

Eliz.

You win a chicken dinner!!!!!!!!

On a more serios note, you become an Elite Member!!!!!!

Trenters4325 said:
What happens when I fill up all of the five pencils?
Nothing, that I'm aware of. It's just a quickie way for users to tell, at a glance, how much posting you've been doing.

But it can be fun to see the pencils fill up; hence, a recent post. :wink:

Eliz.

What privileges do Elite Members enjoy?

Stapel, what does "NB" mean from that post you referenced? "Not bad"?

Trenters4325 said:

Nothing really. But i guess if you have many post then ppl might respect you more (but then again quality over quantity). But you could possibly become a mod,etc. if you are loyal to the boards and contribute by following the rules long enough.

If you post enough questions to get five red pencils, you are an abuser. It is about time to start helping others, don't you think?

If you post several thousand useful responses to questions, then you are either very dedicated to helping folks with mathematics or you simply have no life.

Can I have Dennis' carrot cake when I get to 3000?

Trenters4325 said:
None. Like I said, there is no "meaning" to the pencils, other than a rough-and-ready measure of the number of posts made by that user.

Trenters4325 said:
Stapel, what does "NB" mean from that post you referenced?
When you have a question regarding the contents of a post, it is generally best to ask the poster what the poster meant, rather than other users.

Thank you.

Eliz.

I know this isn't math :( but I discovered that NB is actually the Latin abbreviation for "nota bene" which roughly translates to "note well" and is used to draw attention to something particularly important not necessarily at the end of a message, so it actually varies significantly from PS.

This and more at http://www.dictionary.com. :D

Some day, you should learn that there is much more to learn. There are many definitions and usages of many things. Dictionaries are histories, not law givers. Colloquial dictionaries are even more interesting.