need help w/ 'Discuss design of faculty sample...'

xjinalovesyehsung

A labor organization wants to study the attitudes of college faculty members toward collective bargaining. These attitudes appear to be different depending on the type of college. The American Association of University Professors classifies colleges as follows:

Class I: Offer doctorate degrees and award at least 15 per year.
Class IIA: Award degrees above the bachlor's but are not in class I.
CLass IIB: Award no degrees beyond the bachelors.
Class III: Two year colleges.

Discuss the design of a sample of faculty from colleges in your state, with total sample size about 200.

----------------

I honestly have no idea how to do this design. I think I am supposed to break up those classes and somehow make a random sample, but i have no idea how to do it.

PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU SO MUCH~~~

xjinalovesyehsung said:
I honestly have no idea how to do this design.
Then you are in the wrong class and should change your schedule immedaitely.

Really, if you have read your text and attended class, you cannot possibly have "no idea." Just think for a moment before you panic and give up.

You have four classes and a sample size in the neighborhood of 200. Doesn't that sort of suggest maybe 50 from each class? Now, what are the sizes of the four classes? Maybe an even distribution among them is inappropriate.

Think about it. Talk yourself through it. The problem statement says "discuss". This requires your opinion and your ability to articulate it. Only you can help you with that.