statistics: do an analysis using a nondirectional test

acmarti

I have one problem that I just can't do, and I was hoping you could do this one for me. It's from "Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences" by James Jaccard and Michael Becker, chapter 10, Question #57:

One factor that has been proposed to affect creativity is how much choice individuals have in their approach to a task. In a study of this issue, Amabile and Gitome (1984) varied the amount of choice children between 2 and 6 years of age had in selecting material with which to make collages.

Children in the choice condition were presented with ten boxes containing collage materials and told to choose any 5 of these boxes for making their collages. Children in the no-choice condition had their five boxes selected for them by an experimenter. All sets of material were similar to one another. The children were given approximately 10 minutes to complete their collages, which were subsequently rated in terms of how creative they were by eight trained artists.

Creativity ratings could range from 0 to 320, with higher scores indicating greater creativity.

Code:
Choice  No Choice
  207        130
  203        142
  180        137
  167        149
  212        146
  192        150
  172        128
  200        154
  170        142
  164        166
  178        145
The hypothetical data presented in the table are representative of the results of the study. Analyze these data using a nondirectional test, draw a conclusion, and write up your results using the principles discussed in the method of presentation section in pages 286 and 287. Show all your steps.

acmarti said:
I have one problem that I just can't do, and I was hoping you could do this one for me.
Most legitimate tutors don't "do" students' work for them. Sorry.

Meanwhile, you have posted this same question at least three times already (not counting private messages). Please reply to this thread (rather than created more new threads) showing everything you have tried thus far.

Note: It is possible (probable?) that none of us has a copy of your textbook. It would be helpful if, when you reply showing your work, you included the "principles" you are supposed to use.

Thank you.

Eliz.