How do you make signs?

Goistein

How do you insert signs like integral or exponent of square root? I've seen others do it without hosting anything on photobucket or imageshack.

To learn how to format in LaTeX, follow the LaTeX link in the "Forum Help" pull-down menu at the very top of the page.

To learn the character codes for certain HTML characters, try doing a search on "HTML character code" (without the quote marks) to find various listings and references. For instance, the "times" symbol, "×", may be entered (on a PC, anyway) by holding down the ALT key while typing 0215 on the numeric keypad.

Eliz.

Goistein said:
The menu doesn't show up. Can you give me a link?

Hmmmm.....the menu SHOULD appear under the "Forum Help" heading just above the FreeMathHelp logo....

But here's the link to the beginning LaTex site:
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/Misc/LaT ... -Home.html

As a Mac user, I haven't found anything regarding LaTeX that is particularly "Mac-friendly." If any of you know of such a thing, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

If you change you layout style in your profile settings there is no drop down menu for help.
Rob

Hello mammothrob:

I will post some how-tos. Click on 'quote' at the upper right corner of my post to see the code I used.

To make a fraction:

\(\displaystyle \L\\\frac{1}{2}\)

\(\displaystyle \L\\\frac{x+1}{x-2}\)

To make a square root:

\(\displaystyle \L\\\sqrt{81}\)

To make exponents:

\(\displaystyle \L\\a^{3}b^{2}\)

To make the integral sign:

\(\displaystyle \L\\\int{ln(x)}dx\)

The \L\\ is to display in 'large' format.

Sign Problem

Hi dear i want to know that ??

Can we use this sign ..
[FONT=MathJax_Main]\L[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]1[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]2[/FONT]

against this one?
[FONT=MathJax_Main]\L[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]+[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]1[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]−[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]2[/FONT]

this sign is irritating me :(