'Find solution in 3pi/2 < 0 < 2pi' means... what?

amberlianne

Okay, so this is a lame question... but I'm in a fast-track 5-week online trig course and the teacher hasn't posted any lecture notes or anything, and I wasn't able to get the book (and now couldn't get it on time even if I ordered it right away, really) because I wasn't certain I was enrolled until the first day of the course...

So I have a stupid question, but I can't find an explanation online anyways, probably because it is a stupid question...

The problem is asking me to find the cot of an angle if the cos = 7/25, and then it gave me this information: 3pi/2<0<2pi

Problem is, I've not a clue what the 3pi/2<0<2pi part means, or how/where I'm supposed to apply it.

Can anyone give me a basic, short explanation of what that stuff means and how it applies in that sort of problem? I don't need an indepth lecture or anything, just perhaps a basic definition.

Thanks in advance for answering my stupid question. :)

3pi/2<0<2pi

This is just saying that you only have to look at a certain range of angles when answering the question. Your answers(s) must be between 3pi/2 and 2pi (270 degrees and 360 degrees), meaning: only look in the 4th quadrant.