ave. life expectancy of a person living in Africa is 53 yrs

That really hurts.

I used one, too. Same answer. How did you do it? Why do you lack confidence in your result?

Thank you to all who helped me with this prolem. Especially tkhunny. Although I would not likely invite you to dinner, you did a lot of work on this for me. And while I may have gotten frustrated with your questions of my question, I did learn something about patience. It's good that you can learn something now and then. Anyone can solve something, but to learn takes a person who listens. I did that and I don't want to forget everyone else who questioned tkhunny with his or her problem with the question that still remains. It was a good forum. I guess I am most angry that I did the steps, solved the problem, and yet there was no answer for me beacause the multiple choice did not offer the correct answer. I guess sometimes when we think we are wrong we could be right. On the other side of the coin we have to realize that when we are certain we are right, well we could be wrong. That is what makes up this great nation and other nations. If a man or woman can admit being wrong as well as right than it is for something. Either way someone is going to learn from it. Or though they should. I leave you with words of the band known as The Beatles " there will be an answer, let it be". Peace to all and hopefully we can bring our men and women home from Iraq soon. I know, as I said this is a math forum, but sometimes you have to look around a bit.

L. Michael Smith