Prove that perp. bisectors of triangle meet at one pt.

jbrosrulez

Prove that the perpendicular bisectors of a triangle meet at one point, the circumcenter.

The tricky part of this proof is I have to solve it algebraically, not using geometry proofs. The diagram given is just a triangle, nothing special. Advice?

Thank you!

I'm not sure what you mean by "solving" (aren't you "proving"?) or "algebraically". To what "diagram" are you referring? (I'm not seeing it, or a description of it, in your post, is why I ask.)

Thank you.

Eliz.

sorry meant to say proving. By algebraically, i mean that i have to do it without simply stating geometric theorems. I actually have to do it out with the given points. I can give a better description of the diagram too. IT is triangle QRP where Q=(a,b), R=(0,0), and P=(C,0)...If this still doesn't make sense i will try to make it sound different (the term i should be using is analytical geometry)

If you've been given points, then try applying what you learned in algebra: Find the equations for the lines containing the vertices, find the equations for the perpendicular bisectors of each side, and find the intersection point(s) of those bisectors.

What expressions do you get for the intersection point(s)?

Please be specific and complete. Thank you.

Eliz.