what % do i need to maintain an 80 average

nechama1

okay dont know if this basic.

total percentage 100%. Divided into 4 exams and 3% for research credit (which I got)

so-
Exam One was worth 27%- I scored 78%
Exam Two was worth 20%- I scored 85%
Exam Three was worth 30%- I scored 83%

Exam Four is worth 20%. What percent do I need to maintain an 80 Average (A)

Thanks.

(don't forget the 3% added for research credit)

One way this sort of exercise is commonly worked is to convert the weights to points. For instance, if Exam Two was worth twenty-percent of your overall grade, and your overall grade is out of 100%, then convert to a grade out of one hundred points, of which Exam Two contained twenty. How many of those points did the student earn?

Do the other portions of the overall grade similarly. Add up the portions' points to get the current point total. See how many points remain to reach an ending total of 80. Divide this amount by whatever is the weight of the remaining portion of the course grade.

If you get stuck, please reply showing all of your work and reasoning.

Thank you.

Eliz.

havent done math since 10th grade, loaded up on sciences instead to graduate bc numbers and i dont mix. thanks.

basically, i don't get it :oops:

To learn how to do simple percentages (and that's all this is, as the step-by-step instructions explained), please review some of the many lessons available online:

. . . . .Google results for "percentages"

By the way, what "sciences" are you planning on doing, that don't use any mathematics or numbers? I'm not familiar with any such...?

Thank you.

Eliz.