Fractions..I need Help..

tseday871221

Help with a math question...?

I become absolutley lost when it comes to fractions..I have no Idea what to do first. Can someone please help me..

Determine whether the following pairs are equal. If they are not, order them and find a fraction between them.

a) 231/ 654 and 308/ 872

b) 1516/2312 and 2653/2890

Thanks any suggestions will help alot!!!!!

tseday871221 said:
I become absolutley lost when it comes to fractions..I have no Idea what to do first.
The study of fractions usually encompasses months of study in grammar school, which is obviously not something we can replicate here.

If you are truly entirely "lost" on the topic, you might want to consider hiring a tutor. By meeting with him for face-to-face lessons for a few hours a week (daily would be best), you should be able to pick up this material in just a few weeks, probably less than a month. That, or try doing self-study from some of the many lessons available online. (Remember to start with lessons on factoring, because you need that background for simplifying fractions and working with their denominators.)

Once you have learned the basic terms and techniques, the following will be understandable:

Hint: It's easier to compare apples to apples, than apples to oranges. So try converting the fractions to a common denominator! :wink:

Eliz.