A forum suggestion for complex numbers.

morson

I think the forums have most topics covered, but there is no forum for complex analysis and complex numbers. I think they are very important in math (for physics especially, and things like Euler's identity etc.. They also polish our number system and things tie in nicely), so I'm just throwing it out there. If there is a place for them that I am not aware of, please tell me.

morson said:
I think the forums have most topics covered, but there is no forum for complex analysis and complex numbers. I think they are very important in math (for physics especially, and things like Euler's identity etc.. They also polish our number system and things tie in nicely), so I'm just throwing it out there. If there is a place for them that I am not aware of, please tell me.

Introductory problems in complex numbers are usually covered in early college or late high-school algebra classes (at least in my experience). More advancded topics such as those covered in an analysis course easily fall into the "Advanced" category. Of course, some things that fall under "Advanced" here may be "Elementary" elsewhere.