hi a little help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillintoucan28

ok, so in an effort to show my work..i need help with this differential equation

dy/dx = (x^2) + y

and i know this

Code:
[tex]y(x) = e^{-\int P(\eta)\,d\eta} \int Q(x)\;e^{\int P(\xi)\,d\xi}\,dx[tex]

chillintoucan28 said:
ok, so in an effort to show my work..i need help with this differential equation

dy/dx = (x^2) + y

and i know this

\(\displaystyle y(x) = e^{-\int P(\eta)\,d\eta} \int Q(x)\;e^{\int P(\xi)\,d\xi}\,dx\)

(TEX string altered by mmm4444bot)
Dear chillintoucan28:

Take a good look at your effort to show some work. You're not fooling anybody.

Your previous posts do not demonstrate sufficient skills to pass an algebra class, let alone study calculus.

Speaking for myself only, you seem to be sombody who does not care one way or the other. I have no idea what motivates this style of yours for seeking information.

I will not be assisting you any further with precalculus or calculus topics; I invite you to start a post on the intermediate algebra board about how to solve quadratic equations if it turns out that you genuinely want to learn something.

Please do not waste resources.

Sincerely,

~ Mark :|

Let me politely but frankly address you. What is the purpose of this message board? To help people with math problems. It is absolutely no right of yours to judge one's ability to perform math because first of all you yourself have posted your credentials no where and your job as a member of this website is not to criticize one's math ability, but to assist them in ANY problem they desire to solve. I find it quite arrogant the way you and other moderators respond to my tireless efforts to solve a problem, as if you were Albert Einstein and could be spending your time better elsewhere.

chillintoucan28 said:
What is the purpose of this message board? To help people with math problems.
Yes. But "help with a math problem" is quite a different thing from "teaching a semester of material." While the volunteers here can do their best to help a student learn, understand, gain confidence, and succeed through a given homework exercise, that assistance does, I'm afraid, require that the student have at least some basic grasp of the underlying material. It is simply not reasonably feasible to attempt here to provide that foundational underpinning. That's what the hours in the classroom, the explanations from the instructor, and all the pages in those very thick textbooks are for! :wink:

chillintoucan28 said:
It is absolutely no right of yours to judge one's ability to perform math....
But how on earth would a tutor usefully help a student, if he did not use his experience and depth of knowledge to figure out "where" the student is and what sort of help that student actually needs and can likely understand? :?:

For instance, some exercises can be solved in any of a variety of ways. Should a tutor ignore the fact that a certain student is in algebra and provide a calculus-based explanation? I would respectfully suggest that this might not be the best way to "help" that algebra student. :shock:

To return to the specific issue here: You have elsewhere given ample evidence of needing to bone up on algebra. Your drive to "pre-study" your next course is admirable, and you are to be commended for attempting it. But continuing to try to find just the answers to a few exercises involving topics of which you have little, if any, comprehension, is a great way to cause dissonance later when you actually take a course on the subject. In other words, trying to "backwards engineer" a topic from the worked solutions to a handful of exercises will most-likely lead to the (inadvertent) drawing of invalid conclusions which can easily cause you harm in later studies. :!:

Many here have expressed concern for your success; please do not take this worried care for your well-being and long-term progress as some sort of "attack" on you. Instead, please consider taking this time and your laudable energy and drive, and directing it toward reviewing your algebra. A solid grasp of pre-calculus algebra, in my experience, is probably the best thing one can possess preparation for calculus studies.

My best wishes to you! :D

Eliz.

You job is not to "pretend" to be my tutor or my teacher, do not make decisions on what might or might no help me, your job is to solve problems, not decide whether you should help me or not. And as far as being a teacher, I definetly understand that none of you are and I can tell. All I need is a hint or a starting point. Also do not be concerned about me, again that is not your job, your job is to help people solve problems, stop pretending that you are a professor seeking out what is best for your student, instead provide asnwers and explanations, this would help not only make things a lot easier, but it would save us all A LOT of time.

in addition, do not preach me on what type of pre-study is most effective, as it is my life and not yours let me decide that, keep your judgements and critcism to yourself from now on, I have at times been offended at the mentors ignorance and arrogance. If only they would tell me if they even had a college degree, then I might be able to show a bit of respect toward them.

I guess s/he is defining our job - must be signing our paycheques....

You see this is the type of arrogance that is not appropriate for message boards

subhotosh khan what is your ethnicity?

chillintoucan28 said:
It is absolutely no right of yours to judge one's ability to perform math ...

This statement is not correct. As a math tutor, I have every right to assess math skills.

... your job as a member of this website is not to criticize one's math ability ...

This statement is also false. Constructive critisism can be a powerful teacher.

I find it quite arrogant the way you and other moderators respond to my tireless efforts ...

You are free to go somewhere else.

Cheers,

~ Mark :)

chillintoucan28 said:
subhotosh khan what is your ethnicity?

Dear chillintoucan28:

This question is not appropriate, and it demonstrates a type of juvenile behavior that may possibly result in the deletion of your log-in credentials.

Please do not post personal attacks.

You need to leave for awhile. Come back when you are able to maintain control over your emotions, or do not come back at all.

Sincerely,

~ Mark :|

ok, well you should prove me to me that you are a math tutor, do you have a degree in mathematics? what college did you go to?

I'm pretty sure that subhotosh khan is Iranian

i will leave, just answer one last question, ha, in irony, tell me if you have attended college, if so which one, and what your major was, once you do I promise that I will leave and to your desire NEVER return

We all would love to be able to help you. So far, three of your posts have devolved into pointless discussions leading nowhere - and requiring locking. You are welcome here if you are willing to learn, The fact that you seem only to argue with those who are trying to help you is not encouraging. The simple fact that you are asking for help should include a little acceptance of the additional fact that you admit that YOU do not know what it is that you need. Trust those who are able to help you with THEIR opininon of what will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.