Circular Functions

ImOk

Could someone please help me solve this problem

Find the circular functions such us sine,cosine,tangent,........etc.

of 36 deg.

I tried and look for formulas that will suite this problem but I just can't solve it

Many Thanks for any help.

There are no single formulas; you need to derive these values through several steps.

There are both geometric and algebraic approaches to this exercise. Do you have a preference?

Do you have experience constructing and solving geometric objects containing triangles?

Have you studied enough trigonometry to be familiar with identities?

I'm not sure where to begin to help you with this exercise.

mmm4444bot said:

There are no single formulas; you need to derive these values through several steps.

There are both geometric and algebraic approaches to this exercise. Do you have a preference?

Do you have experience constructing and solving geometric objects containing triangles?

Have you studied enough trigonometry to be familiar with identities?

I'm not sure where to begin to help you with this exercise.

I prefer the algebraic approach though the geometric approach would also be useful. Yes I've learned some identities already, most probably the simple ones, but I'm studying now the less simple ones( those that involved signs ). I'm just preparing myself for this lesson since we haven't started yet.

Please help me with both approach

Thanks

Pretty difficult to "teach" that kind od stuff HERE; no blackboard and the likes...

Here's A PAGE that deals with cos(36 degrees) that looks like it's along the lines of what I was thinking about for the geometric approach. (I found it using Google; perhaps, you can find others.)

If I lose interest in today's football games, I might spend some time working on algebraic approaches. If so, then I can give you some hints.

(Since 5 * 36 equals 180, I'm thinking that 5x can be broken into 2x + 3x, and then come the identities ...)