Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PLEASE HELP!

The correct percentages are 20% if you want 20%. You should not be struggling with that point, no tmatter how inclined you are or may be.

20% * 100 KG Sand = 20 KG
20% * 50 KG Portland cement = 10 KG
20% * 8 KG Limestone Powder = 1.6 KG
20% * 30 Liters water = 6 Liters

Note, not every formula on the planet is directly scalable. You may need to experiment a bit with these values to produce the desired effect. It seems like this one should work, but remember that I warned you if it doesn't.

The thought process behind TK's answers are very simple:

Suppose you have a receipe to make 5 pizzas. However you want to make only one pizza (20%).

Then cut everything down by same proportion (so that the ratio of dough to sauce to cheese etc does not change). So if your original reciepe neede 5 lbs of dough - now you will need 1 lb of dough for 1 pizza (YEEK - some doughy pizza.....). If needed 10 cups sauce - now you need two (2) cups of sauce - and so on...

I did show you the math equations.

Let me be brutally honest with you. If you cannot handle these most simple percentages, you really should consider some night school or something and seriously get about the business of upgrading your math skills. This just won't do.

The demonstrations we can provide here will not help you much. You should get some personal, local attention.

tkhunny,
Let me be brutally honest with you! I am not looking for any advise regarding my math skills from you what so ever, I was under the impression that this was a web site for HELP with math problem not for being put down because of poor math skills ? My fault I must have misunderstood the reason the site exists ? And you didn't show me the work involved in solving your problem, you simply gave me what my original question was (20% of the formula I provided)
How won't the demonstration someone shows me work?? Sorry it might be my incredibly simple mind however if someone is kind enough to show me how to arrive at different percentages with the formula I provided I am pretty sure I can take it from there. Do me a favor and don't reply to this thread again, I am sure there are more helpful, kinder people on this board that won't mind helping me out!!

jsn said:
If someone could please show me the math equation used to arrive at this answer I would appreciate it. Or, I am trying to figure out what the formula would be if I wanted do make 5% of the following formula, while making sure the ratio of each material remains the same.

100 KG Sand
50 KG Portland cement
8 KG Limestone Powder
30 Liters water

Again thanks for helping me with what might seem to be an easy question, however for me its quite difficult.

Like before - simply multiply everything by 5%.

100 KG Sand
50 KG Portland cement
8 KG Limestone Powder
30 Liters water

turns to

5% * 100 KG Sand
5% * 50 KG Portland cement
5% * 8 KG Limestone Powder
5% * 30 Liters water

turns to

5 KG Sand
2.5 KG Portland cement
0.4 KG Limestone Powder
1.5 Liters water

Instead of getting bent out of shape - think about what TK had said. If you cannot figure out the logic behind proportions (which is generally taught in 5 th grade or lower) - you need serious help from a face-to-face teacher.

jsn said:
I am not looking for any advise regarding my math skills
Yes, you are. That is exactly what you are doing.

I was under the impression that this was a web site for HELP with math problem...
Excellent, that is what we do, here.

...not for being put down because of poor math skills?
Honesty is not the same as "put down". If you REALLY want help, you should accept the truth. It is better than failing to learn.

And you didn't show me the work involved in solving your problem
We already went over this. I DID show you the work involved. The difficulty in your perception is that there was so little to see that you did not recognize it. I don't know how I could have explained this any better.

I am sure there are more helpful, kinder people on this board that won't mind helping me out!!
I suggest very strongly that you check your defintiion of "kind". Notice, in particular, how kindness does not imply giving you what you want, but certainly implies giving you what you need, q.v. "Intervention".

You are welcome to come here, any time. You will be shown the same kindness, respect, and honesty as anyone else. However, it really is up to you to accept the truthful council you receive. I have a class of highschool students I'm going to start teaching in the next couple of weeks. My first lesson plan won't have any math problems on it. We are going to discuss their attitudes about themselves, their approach to problem solving, and their humility and ability to receive correction and instruction. You are welcome to come by and give it a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.