Function table

mdciccone

I have a problem. My teacher gave us the following information: She asked us to graph this, describe the domain and range, and whether it's a function.
I say it's not a function because numbers are repeated in the domain (4). Is that correct? If so I don't think I need to write an equation right?
x y
4 -2
4 -1
4 0
4 1
4 2
4 3
4 4

mdciccone said:
I have a problem. My teacher gave us the following information: She asked us to graph this, describe the domain and range, and whether it's a function.
I say it's not a function because numbers are repeated in the domain (4). Is that correct? If so I don't think I need to write an equation right?
x y
4 -2
4 -1
4 0
4 1
4 2
4 3
4 4

You are correct.

However, she did not ask you to write an equation - she asked you to plot and describe the domain and the range - those can be done.

mdciccone said:
x y
4 -2
4 -1
4 0
4 1
4 2
4 3
4 4

I'd start by plotting the points...once you have done that, you should be able to answer the questions.

Same from me.
I am happy to recieve PMs but not if they are merely questions that can go on the forum.
So if you are going to pm me, you had better make it really personal..... ? ? ? ?

housefull said:
Same from me.
I am happy to recieve PMs but not if they are merely questions that can go on the forum.
So if you are going to pm me, you had better make it really personal..... ? ? ? ?

Expect to be removed REAL soon, housefull... we don't need this junk.