snowmageddon

galactus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi All:

I don't know about anyone else, but here where I live there is almost 2 feet of snow and it is not done yet.

Subhotosh, you should have your share as well. :D

I plan on it. It is too deep for the four-wheeler. My cousin will bring the skidder over after while to plow us out. I like

getting the 4-wheeler out in this, but it's too deep for it even. When it gets up to the frame, nothing will go. I wish I still

had snowmobiles. I guarantee you I would be out then. the roads here are covered and great for snowmobiles. For years

we had no snow and folks got rid of their snowmobiles. Now, it's beginning to snow the way it used to and no one around

has any. Maybe I can post a picture in a little while. :D

How did you know ??!!

I came to visit Wilmington, DE.... well.... snowmageddon is right!!!

Richmond had only ~4" this time - but here (Wil. DE)it is > 12" in town. I think I need wait for spring thaw before I can go back....

I knew because I know you lived around Northern Virginee somehwere.
Here are several pictures from just a few minutes ago. I take it in stride and appreciate its beauty instead of just griping about it. Yeah, it can be a nuisance, but it is fun all that the same time. It's been awhile since we had one this big. I believe Feb.17th 2003 was ther last time we had something comparable.

Attachments

• snow 009 small.jpg
    snow 009 small.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 726
  • snow 006 small.jpg
    snow 006 small.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 726
galactus said:
I take it in stride and appreciate its beauty instead of just griping about it. Yeah, it can be a nuisance, but it is fun all that the same time.

It's fun, unless you've been without electricity and running water for two weeks.

Right now, there are tens of thousands of households in the United States with no power, due to snow or ice storms. Some have no water supply. Some have been waiting two weeks for relief. Nearly a dozen people have died from hypothermia, during the past three weeks.

If anybody lives in an area without power, please check on your neighbors!

In the Pacific Northwest, we're enjoying 57-degree temperatures, courtesy of El Niño. I'm feeling grateful because I usually start griping after the power's been out for 30 minutes.

I, too, have been without electricity for days. That is why I bought a generator. Some in my area have no electricity right now, but mine has not went off.........yet. I am used to the electricity being out. It happens half a dozen time s a year. If the wind blows, ice storm for certain, snow storms, and sometimes for nothing. I have well water, so that has never been a problem. The poor folks out around Oklahoma sure have had some troubles. I am thankful as well.