The formula for a square and a cube

wingedelm

I have been trying to make the formula for an hypercube in 4 dimensions so I can graph it in 3 dimensions, but found that I could not even come up with a formula for a simple square. It has been years since I last took a math class so I am hoping someone knows off hand these formulae with the origin as the center of the square or cube. Thank you.

wingedelm said:
I have been trying to make the formula for an hypercube in 4 dimensions so I can graph it in 3 dimensions, but found that I could not even come up with a formula for a simple square. It has been years since I last took a math class so I am hoping someone knows off hand these formulae with the origin as the center of the square or cube. Thank you.

Do you know - how should a 4-D hyper-cube look in 3-D (similar to the perspective drawing of a 3-D cube in a 2-D paper)

The one I have has lines going in from the 8 corners of the cube that attaches at the end of the lines to the half way mark of the sides in three spokes for each corner's sides, so 24 spokes and 8 lines. It forms a star shape in the center, but I am not sure of the lengths of the lines, I know there should be a ghost line from the end of the line to the center that equals the ghost line from the center of the sides to the center of the cube, would love an equation to find the proper lengths