Definition?

Rachel94

Definition: x-y=_____________________
Definition: x^0=______________________

I honestly dont have any idea what the answer is and I've searched through my textbook but cant find anything.
If you can help, please do so.
Thanks

There must be some instructions as to what you are to do with the given statements???

Rachel94 said:

I honestly dont have any idea what the answer is and I've searched through my textbook but cant find anything.
Thanks

Well....I don't have access to your textbook. And I suspect there is "more" to these questions than you've posted.

That said, here's ALL I can suggest.

The algebraic definition of subtraction is this: a - b = a + (-b)
Try applying that to your first problem.

And for the second problem, AS LONG AS THE BASE IS NOT 0, b^0 = 1. Hopefully you know something about the value of x.....

Mrspi said:
Rachel94 said:

Thanks

Well....I don't have access to your textbook. And I suspect there is "more" to these questions than you've posted.

That said, here's ALL I can suggest.

The algebraic definition of subtraction is this: a - b = a + (-b)
Try applying that to your first problem.

And for the second problem, AS LONG AS THE BASE IS NOT 0, b^0 = 1. Hopefully you know something about the value of x.....

Well, thank you for your suggestion. I will look through my textbook once more just to double check. But I promise you that there isnt anything "more" to the questions, which is why I was so confused in the first place. If there was more I would have posted it. But thank you non the less for your time and help.