Creating a bar chart

joannamartinez

I have a question please. I need to create a bar chart with the following information: Army= 17, Navy=10, Air Force=4, Marines=6, Coast Guard= 1, National Guard = 2. This information gives the number of Senate members with military service in the 106th US Congress by branch. The numbers are the counts. Do I need to convert these numbers to a percentage first. If so, I am not sure how. Please advise. Thank you.

what program are you using? excel? If so, make a table. A simple table. column 1 the names, column 2 the numbers. highlight both and click on charts>bar graphs.

Thank you for your response. I do know how to create a bar chart but my question is if I am to change numbers to percentages first. It does not say to do so and this is all the information given so I am not sure how to if I am to. I know percentrages are usually used so I need help in this area please. Please advise. Thank you.

Well Joanna, just try BOTH ways...see what you get :idea:

Thank you for the response. I was not sure if I needed to convert to percentage or not. Thank you again for your help.