What's math got to do with it? lol

Re:

mmm4444bot said:
My program took five seconds or so to tally the points of 15,788 six-letter words and display the four worth 116 points.
stroys
stylus
twisty
yutzes
I want to see the other 23 examples.
You should display ALL those worth OVER 115; not only 116 :idea:

Re:

mmm4444bot said:

Here are 81 six-letter "century" words, for Denis.
Some of them give new meaning to names, like "Century Motors", "Century Towers", and "Century Stoves".

arrowy bronzy crusts cutout cutups drossy envoys flurry footsy grouts growly grumpy hysons knouts
kousso kuvasz missus motors moults mourns murkly murrey musths myosis mythos outset pistou
plummy potzer pursue putter quarry quints quippu rhyton rosery rosiny rufous savory setout setups
slumps slyest sotols sprugs spunks squaws squint status stools stoves straws stress stupes styles
surely suttas swirls syrens tepoys tetryl thirty thorny toasty towers triply troths truism tsktsk tsoris
turkey unmown unsunk unwove upgrow upsets vinous whumps worset xylose yarrow
Hey, I see that thirty = 100 :shock:
I'm getting a chair from "Century Stools".
Mark, you quit drinking "whiskey"?

Denis said:
You should display ALL those worth OVER 115

Oops. I misread the original.

28 words worth 116 points or more:

luxury scuzzy slutty smutty spurry stoury stroys struts sturts stylus syrups syrupy syzygy trouty trusts trusty tryout trysts tussur twisty vrouws whizzy wursts xylyls xystos xystus yutzes zlotys

Hey for, I note that four words contain x and five words contain z. Heh, heh.

I tweaked the program, and found that "cabbed" is worth a mere 17 points. That's the second-to-the-smallest point value, out of 15,788 tallies. The original poster can challenge his teacher to find the smallest.

No, Denis, I have not quit drinking. Maybe when the world turns over a new leaf, eh ?

And, remember, boys and girls, drinking is never an answer.

Re:

mmm4444bot said:
I tweaked the program, and found that "cabbed" is worth a mere 17 points. That's the second-to-the-smallest point value, out of 15,788 tallies. The original poster can challenge his teacher to find the smallest.

No, Denis, I have not quit drinking. Maybe when the world turns over a new leaf, eh ?

bac·ca? ?[bak-uh]
–noun, plural bac·cae ?
a berry.

I meant I didn't see "whiskey" in your list of century words .

FOUL FOUL FOUL! The teacher fessed up and said he never really had a list but has been assigning this puzzle for 10 yrs and just waited for the kids to turn in their lists. Good thing this was just for fun. :) I really did enjoy it.

THORTHELABRADOR said:
The teacher fessed up and said he never really had a list

What a sly guy.

Thanks to you, his list for the next class now contains 28 words.

I really wanted to turn in the list of 28 that you guys helped me with but I only turned in the 8 that I found on my own. I did turn in the whole list today since it was just for fun, I figured why not...
Now on the the new problem of the week. ugh....

Re:

mmm4444bot said:
Can you give us those = 20 or less?

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

BigGlenntheHeavy said:
Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.
Hey Subhotosh, BigG is using your famous "line": did you give him permission?

Thanks Mark; you are our official "Word Evaluator" !

Denis said:
BigGlenntheHeavy said:
Hey Subhotosh, BigG is using your famous "line": did you give him permission?

He is not using the color or bolding - so look-and-feel are not the same - he is safe (not original - but safe)!!!

Won't you rather have that - as opposed to the spoon-fed-solution to the problem???

Subhotosh Khan said:
Won't you rather have that - as opposed to the spoon-fed-solution to the problem???
Mais oui, of course (Je suis bilingual!)

Although I do not claim to understand French (other than using babelfish) - I do understand that from the context. And - I knew that - whoever chases loose-pucks and teaches baseball to his grandson - must be bilingual!!!

Subhotosh Khan said:
...and teaches baseball to his grandson...
Well, no can teach Tyler no more: he's now 18, 6'1'' and weighs ~220 pounds;
he hit one over 450 feet this year...so now he'd be the one teaching me!

Btw, he was in the Canadian championsip (Junior Little League) in 2008:
http://canadians.ollb.org/documents/tou ... ntario.pdf

He's listed as 2nd best average on team: but he's really 1st,
as his "onbase" average is higher that the guy listed as 1st !!