[SPLIT] percents, demand eqns, profits, pipe length, etc

AlgebraB

I am needing a little help to solve a few problems and also learn how to do this without pulling the rest of my hair out and also begin to have a better understanding I will post four questions that need assistance and I will be forever in your debt. I would like to also give back in return some way. Here is my problem;
a. Suppose a market research company finds that at a price of p = $420, they would sell x = 16 bicycles each month. If they lower the price to p = $390, then more people would purchase the bicycles, and they can expect to sell x = 22 bicycles in a month’s time. Find the equation of the line for the demand equation. Write your answer in the form p = mx + b. Hint: Write an equation using two points in the form (x,p).

Please help me on this question and if possible help show me the steps and how to figure it out as well for my knowledge.
Problem is this; A company’s revenue is the amount of money that comes in from sales, before business costs are subtracted. For a single product, you can find the revenue by multiplying the quantity of the product sold, x, by the demand equation, p.

b. Substitute the result you found from part a. into the equation R = xp to find the revenue equation. Provide your answer in simplified form.

The costs of doing business for a company can be found by adding fixed costs, such as rent, insurance, and wages, and variable costs, which are the costs to purchase the product you are selling. The portion of the company’s fixed costs allotted to this product is $1500, and the supplier’s cost for a bicycle is $300. Let x represent the number of bicycles.

c. If b represents a fixed cost, what value would represent b?

d. Find the cost equation for the bicycles. Write your answer in the form C = mx + b.

The profit made from the sale of bicycles is found by subtracting the costs from the revenue.

e. Find the Profit Equation by substituting your equations for R and C in the equation . Simplify the equation.

f. What is the profit made from selling 15 bicycles per month?

g. What is the profit made from selling 22 bicycles each month?

h. What is the profit made from selling no bicycles each month? Interpret your answer.

i. Use trial and error to find the quantity of bicycles per month that yields the highest profit.

j. How much profit would you earn from the number you found in part i?

k. What price would you sell the bicycles at to realize this profit? Hint: Use the demand equation from part a. That would be(Suppose a market research company finds that at a price of p = $420, they would sell x = 16 bicycles each month. If they lower the price to p = $390, then more people would purchase the bicycles, and they can expect to sell x = 22 bicycles in a month’s time. Find the equation of the line for the demand equation. Write your answer in the form p = mx + b. Hint: Write an equation using two points in the form (x,p).)

Please help me solve(and understand the steps) with this problem as well;;
2. The break even values for a profit model are the values for which you earn $0 in profit. Use the equation you created in question one to solve P = 0, and find your break even values.

3. In 2002, a company’s sales amounted to $68,200,000,000. In 2006, its sales were $80,600,000,000.

a. Write the company’s 2002 sales and 2006 sales in scientific notation.

You can find the percent of growth in the company’s sales from 2002 to 2006 by following these steps:

• Find the increase in sales from 2002 to 2006.
• Find what percent that increase is of the 2002 sales.

b. What was the percent growth in the company’s sales from 2002 to 2006? Do all your work by using scientific notation.

I am having problems with the polynomial problem especially with these type of problems. If you could help me understand the set up process and steps to the problem it would be very appreciated. Problem;
A daycare director wants to make a teepee for the children in her center. She plans to use lengths of PVC plumbing pipe for the supports on the teepee, and she wants the teepee to be 48 feet across and 17 feet tall (see figure). How long should the pieces of PVC plumbing pipe be?

You've used someone else's thread!
I suggest you start your own threads (see NEWTOPIC button),
post ONE question per thread,
plus show your work (read "Read before Posting").

Profits/

Please help me on this question and help show me the step-by-step process and how to figure it out. I have no clue on where to go to get help. Doing online AlgebraB and struggling on how to even read the problem and lay it out for process.

Problem is this; A company’s revenue is the amount of money that comes in from sales, before business costs are subtracted. For a single product, you can find the revenue by multiplying the quantity of the product sold, x, by the demand equation, p.

b. Substitute the result you found from part a. into the equation R = xp to find the revenue equation. Provide your answer in simplified form.

The costs of doing business for a company can be found by adding fixed costs, such as rent, insurance, and wages, and variable costs, which are the costs to purchase the product you are selling. The portion of the company’s fixed costs allotted to this product is $1500, and the supplier’s cost for a bicycle is $300. Let x represent the number of bicycles.

c. If b represents a fixed cost, what value would represent b?

d. Find the cost equation for the bicycles. Write your answer in the form C = mx + b.

The profit made from the sale of bicycles is found by subtracting the costs from the revenue.

e. Find the Profit Equation by substituting your equations for R and C in the equation . Simplify the equation.

f. What is the profit made from selling 15 bicycles per month?

g. What is the profit made from selling 22 bicycles each month?

h. What is the profit made from selling no bicycles each month? Interpret your answer.

i. Use trial and error to find the quantity of bicycles per month that yields the highest profit.

j. How much profit would you earn from the number you found in part i?

k. What price would you sell the bicycles at to realize this profit? Hint: Use the demand equation from part a. That would be(Suppose a market research company finds that at a price of p = $420, they would sell x = 16 bicycles each month. If they lower the price to p = $390, then more people would purchase the bicycles, and they can expect to sell x = 22 bicycles in a month’s time. Find the equation of the line for the demand equation. Write your answer in the form p = mx + b. Hint: Write an equation using two points in the form (x,p).)