adding square roots

spellusmc

I need to find out if points are colinear but my answers are sqrt 130, sqrt 104, and sqrt 466. I cannot rationalize them to add two to see if a+b=c. please help.

What answers have you provided. Those aren't points. Are you finding distances? What's the actual problem statement?

the points are (0,-9) (-3, -20) (2,1) using the distance formula. I came up with answers for a similer problem 18*sqrt 13, 8*sqrt 13, and 50*sqrt 13. the correct answer was 3* sqrt 26+ 2*sqrt 26 = 5*sqrt 26. (how do write a radical on this computer)?

yes distance formula. But my problem is how to get a common factor out of these three square roots.

ok tried to work that out again but still not getting correct answers, so I will post the new equation to that same problem.

D= Sqrt over (x2-x1)^2 +(y2+y1)^2
(0,5) (-3,-11) (2,-1) are these points colinear? the help section of the program instructs to use distance formula. I can get through all of it except the end. I need to find perfect sqrs for
sqrt 256, sqrt 40, sqrt 125
what is a way to get all 3 to common sqrt. maybe my math is incorrect in getting these sqrt's
my book, nor the program shows this step, both skip it and I cannot find an explination

spellusmc said:
I need to find out if points are colinear but my answers are sqrt 130, sqrt 104, and sqrt 466. I cannot rationalize them to add two to see if a+b=c. please help.

Plot those points and see visually if the points are "visually" collinear. Then prove/disprove using analysis.