Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Notes About vBulletin

On the old system, several regular contributors would increase the point size of the font in their posts to help improve readability.

The font-size scale in vBulletin is different from the old system. Choosing size 7 on the old system looked good, but size 7 on vBulletin is too big (example below).

When the boards were imported to vBulletin, those old posts were reformatted to the new size 7.

I am slowly (very slowly) editing those posts to reduce the size.

Anybody who happens to find a thread containing one of these "giant" posts, please feel free to send me its link by private message, and I will correct it.

Cheers ~ Mark

PS: The quote below is an example; there is no need to send me a link to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm4444bot View Post

Then you must be familiar with sine, cosine, and tangent, yes?

Each of those three trigonometric functions has a reciprocal, and the reciprocals are named as the cosecant, secant, and cotangent functions, respectively.

csc = 1/sin

sec = 1/cos

cot = 1/tan

There are three Pythagorean trig identities:

sin^2 + cos^2 = 1

1 + cot^2 = csc^2

tan^2 + 1 = sec^2

"English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969

Here is a new MathJax issue.

Some LaTex does not render properly, if it appears within the first line of the post.

For example, compare the radical symbol, in each of the two screen shots below. (Click either thumbnail, and then use the control buttons at the lower-left of the pop-up window.)

MathJax1.JPG

MathJax2.JPG

Word to the wise: Either use the [Preview Post] button to check your pending post prior to submission OR (easier) get into the habit of manually insert a line break to prevent the first instance of LaTex from placement within the top line of your post.
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969