Word problem helpp

marleca

I have an idea on what I am supposed to do but, I need some reassurance to know if I am doing this correctly. The question reads: you own a silk screening business that prints designs on t-shirts. The model for the average cost per shirt is:

a= 2.75x + 150/ x *whole right side of the equation is divided by x, not just the 150*

where x is the number of shirts in the production run, $ 150 is the one time charge fir creating the design and supplies, and 2.75 is the cost of the plain shirt. sketch a graph of the equation ANd find the production run of 350 shirts

In order to get the equation will i put it in y=mx+b form? I am not not exactly sure hoW i will do this inorder to sketch a graph. help.

I have an idea on what I am supposed to do but, I need some reassurance to know if I am doing this correctly. The question reads: you own a silk screening business that prints designs on t-shirts. The model for the average cost per shirt is:

a= 2.75x + 150/ x *whole right side of the equation is divided by x, not just the 150*

where x is the number of shirts in the production run, $ 150 is the one time charge fir creating the design and supplies, and 2.75 is the cost of the plain shirt. sketch a graph of the equation ANd find the production run of 350 shirts

In order to get the equation will i put it in y=mx+b form? I am not not exactly sure hoW i will do this inorder to sketch a graph. help.

DUPLICATE POST:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/71530-Helpp

Please do not start a new thread, when you want to continue discussing something that you posted an hour ago.

Simply add a new post to your existing thread, instead.

It's too confusing for everybody to jump back and forth between your separate discussions regarding the same exercise.

Thank you.