Ugh

davewillis2010

Have know idea where to start how can there be selling price if its not even in the ?

Working off an 18% margin, with markups based on cost, the Food Co-op Club boasts that they have 5000 members and a 200% increase in sales. The markup is 36% based on cost. What would be their percent markup if selling price were the base? Round to the nearest hundredth percent.

You are at risk of being banned. You know that, right? Make the question make sense. You may not assume all terms are consistently defined. Define them.

I don't believe there is no useful example in your book. More than likely, you're just not connecting some dots between the useful example and this problem statement. So, let's define those terms and see if we can make some sense of it.

I am using the book Practical Business Math Procedures ? 8-34 and based on Chapter 8, there was/nor is an example similiar to this problem that I could relate the ? to.. All problems/examples in the chapter have $ values established to them.

This ? asks "What would be their percent markup if selling price were the base?"

My ? is where/how do I establish a selling price without an initial price?

Generally, you use all the given information. You may not need what you think you need. You still have not defined the terms.