Story problem to make equations

maxis1049

I need to figure out the equations before I go any further and I know what to do after I find the equations, but I cannot find them.
The question is.....

Suppose a new store plans to lease selling space in a mall. The leased space would be divided into two sections, one for books and the other for music and videos.
  • The store owners can lease up to 10,000 square feet of floor space
  • Furnishings for the two kinds of selling space is $5 per square foot for books and $7 per square foot for music and videos. The store has a budget of at most 60,000 to spend on furnishings.
  • Each square foot of book selling space will generate $75 per month in sales. Each square foot of music and video space will generate $95 per month in sales.
I need to figure out the equations from this problem so I can answer the question how to maximize monthly sales.
If someone could figure this out and clue me in on how to find the equations that would be great. Thanks!

Rule #1 - Name Stuff. Write down clear defintions. Name what, you ask? What does it want?

We're splitting up space between books and music.

B = # of Square Feet for Books
M = # of Square Feet for Music and Videos.

That was about half the battle. Now, we can translate.
"The store owners can lease up to 10,000 square feet of floor space"

B + M <= 10000

"Furnishings for the two kinds of selling space is $5 per square foot for books and $7 per square foot for music and videos. The store has a budget of at most 60,000 to spend on furnishings."

5*B + 7*M <= 60000

"Each square foot of book selling space will generate $75 per month in sales. Each square foot of music and video space will generate $95 per month in sales."

There's your objective. You tell me what it is.