It's an equation, that's all I know

KaiTon

I REALLY hope this is in the right place. Sorry if it isn't!

I used to be able to solve for any part of the equation but for some reason the steps are all muddled to me!

h(x)=0.01x²-x+50

The steps are completely lost to me.. "100ft bridge suspended from cables between two towers, each 50 ft high. The height of the suspension cable above the bridge surface (h) is a function of the distance from the left end of the bridge (x) and is shown by the rule [see above]. All distances are measure in feet."

The question above is copied from a test, but a test I've already taken (obviously I didn't get this question :( ) Some following questions..

Calculate and explain h(25) [..is that just substitution?]
Find the value satisfying h(x)=26, and explain what it tells about the relationship between distance along the bridge and the height of the suspension cable.
Find the theoretical domain and range
Find the practical doman and range.

Does anyone know the equation for time, height, and distance of a flying object, with a gravity? SP= starting point, h=height, t=time v=velocity

I think it's
h=SP+v(t)-16(t)

Anyone help would be GREATLY appreciated! I'm also glad to figure out the 253 PC code for the ² symbol :) I'm trying to figure this stuff out before the end of the quarter so I can bring my grade up!

I'm also glad to figure out the 253 PC code for the ² symbol I'm trying to figure this stuff out before the end of the quarter so I can bring my grade up!
It would really make you glad to learn basic LaTeX.
Here is an example:
[TEX]h(x)=0.01x^2-3x+5[/TEX]
gives \(\displaystyle h(x)=0.01x^2-3x+5\).
Follow the link above to see others.