Good college algebra textbook?

Southern Geologist

Please note: I considered posting this in the Algebra 1 + 2 forum, but that seems dedicated to questions about specific problems and I didn't want to clutter it up, so I thought I would ask here: Can anyone recommend a good "college algebra" textbook, preferably something that can be found used for cheap on the Amazon marketplace? I'm finding that a lot of the errors I make while working through my calculus textbook are based on either not remembering or never being taught certain rules of how to solve algebraic equations, and I think a textbook for reference use would be very helpful in fixing this.

Any suggestions?

Please note: I considered posting this in the Algebra 1 + 2 forum, but that seems dedicated to questions about specific problems and I didn't want to clutter it up, so I thought I would ask here: Can anyone recommend a good "college algebra" textbook, preferably something that can be found used for cheap on the Amazon marketplace? I'm finding that a lot of the errors I make while working through my calculus textbook are based on either not remembering or never being taught certain rules of how to solve algebraic equations, and I think a textbook for reference use would be very helpful in fixing this.
There hundreds of College Algebra available on the used book list at Amazon.
I would suggest picking one written in the 1970's or 80's.
Because of the lack of use of technology, you get a better actual working knowledge of the basics.
Here is a good one, Any one by that author will be good.

I found that "College Algebra" - Spiegel - Schaum Outline Series to be useful as reference book.

I did some digging on Amazon and settled on the fourth edition of Blitzer's "College Algebra". It seems to be what I'm looking for: Plenty of tough examples with detailed instructions on how to complete problems, the rules behind them, and all that other good stuff. Not to mention, I find it hard to argue with a one cent textbook! I'll also take a look at "Calculus Made Easy" I can find it at the library or get a chance to stop by a book store when I'm out of town. (No book stores in town.:() Thanks for all the advice.