Parabolas - Very Beginning

Polimon0630

Hey everyone, I'm in 8th grade and i'm learning Geometry and Algebra.
Right now, is almost the end of the year and the pace of my class is super fast and i am behind since i learn pretty slow.
So first i need a graph for the x and y points using the equation: y=2x^2-4x-9
And that is the part i'm having trouble with, how do i do that? I have simply no idea...
I know how to plot and graph parabolas but i still need to figure out the numbers. In the attached picture here you can see my assignment, and ignore the bottom questions, just focus on explaining getting the numbers for the table! Thanks a lot! I depend on you guys!
IMG_0818.jpg

I know how to plot and graph parabolas but i still need to figure out the numbers.

What does that mean???

To fill out the table, just plug the x values into the equation and find the y values. Example: plug 0 in for x:

y=2x^2-4x-9
y=2(0)^2-4(0)-9
y= -9

Just fill out the table and plot the points.

Last edited:

Hey everyone, I'm in 8th grade and i'm learning Geometry and Algebra.
Right now, is almost the end of the year and the pace of my class is super fast and i am behind since i learn pretty slow.
So first i need a graph for the x and y points using the equation: y=2x^2-4x-9
And that is the part i'm having trouble with, how do i do that? I have simply no idea...
I know how to plot and graph parabolas but i still need to figure out the numbers. In the attached picture here you can see my assignment, and ignore the bottom questions, just focus on explaining getting the numbers for the table! Thanks a lot! I depend on you guys!
View attachment 1964

Do you know how to graph a "straight line" - like:

y = 3*x + 5