Standard form question

Askuraone

Hi guys just need help with a maths question
A camera is 10.1 megapixel (takes pictures consisting of 10.1 million bytes)
Express the number of pixels the camera has in standard form then use the answer to find out how many photos can be held on a memory card with 1.07 x 109 bytes.

Last edited:
Express the number of pixels the camera has in standard form then use the answer to find out how many photos can be held on a memory card with 1.07 x 109 bytes.

How is a number written in standard form?

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

How is a number written in standard form?

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

O.k, so what I've got so far is that 10.1 written in standard form i think is 1.01 x 10^1 from here I'm thinking you probably times the 1.07 by 109 bytes then divide the 1.01 by this but I'm not sure about the 10^1 tagging along with that?

O.k, so what I've got so far is that 10.1 written in standard form i think is 1.01 x 10^1 from here I'm thinking you probably times the 1.07 by 109 bytes then divide the 1.01 by this but I'm not sure about the 10^1 tagging along with that?
o.k so I think I might have got a step futher, after getting the answer of 115.472547.... I took the 10.1 and minus it of that number but I'm just wondering why I have done this and is this the last step?

I think your post needs following correction:

....how many photos can be held on a memory card with 1.07 x 109 bytes

10.1 million bytes → stadard form → 10100000 bytes → Sceintific Notation → 1.01*107 bytes

Now off to find # of pictures in a card......