Ratios

KWF

If a recipe requires one part milk and one part cake mix, is the milk to cake mix ratio 1 to 1 (1:1)?
One part is one cup: One cup milk and one cup cake mix.

If the parts were different in amounts, as in one part milk and one part cake mix where one part of milk is one cup and one part for cake mix is a half cup, what is the ratio?

Is it 1:1/2?

If the recipe requires 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup cake mix, and 1 cup milk, is the ratio 3/4:1/2:1?

If the recipe indicates that one part is 3/4 cup of flour, one part is 1/2 cup of cake mix, and one part is 1 cup of milk, is the ratio of ingredients 1:1:1?

I thank you for your reply.

If a recipe requires one part milk and one part cake mix, is the milk to cake mix ratio 1 to 1 (1:1)?

If the parts were different in amounts, as in one part milk and one part cake mix where one part of milk is one cup and one part for cake mix is a half cup, what is the ratio?

Is it 1:1/2? - yes - and it can also be written as 2:1

If the recipe requires 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup cake mix, and 1 cup milk, is the ratio 3/4:1/2:1? - yes - and it can also be written as 3:2:4

If the recipe indicates that one part is 3/4 cup of flour, one part is 1/2 cup of cake mix, and one part is 1 cup of milk, is the ratio of ingredients 1:1:1? No!! - the answer is given above.

Is it 1:1/2?

If the recipe requires 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup cake mix, and 1 cup milk, is the ratio 3/4:1/2:1?

If the recipe indicates that one part is 3/4 cup of flour, one part is 1/2 cup of cake mix, and one part is 1 cup of milk, is the ratio of ingredients 1:1:1?
That's impossible. When a recipe says "part" the various "parts" must be the same size. If the "part" for flour is a "cup" then a "part" for cake mix and milk must also be one cup.

Last edited: