Arithmetic problem

HNO

1. The first term of the arithmetic sequence is 5y and the common difference is -3y. Write the equations for Tn and T15.

I have no idea why all of a sudden there are y in the question as I have not done questions like these yet in class. My teacher handed out a list of question to do from the text book and I have no Idea how to do this question whats so ever. I have class tomorrow and I want to have some sort of a general understanding of this type and we tomorrow we go to the next section of the unit and wont be going back to these types of questions.

Sorry I was not able to post and work… I honestly don't know where to start other then putting those numbers into terms?

5y= T1
2y= T2
-1y= T3

I have no idea why and I have no Idea how I honestly don't know where to start
5y= T1
2y= T2
-1y= T3

You started just fine.

If you have an initial term of 5 and a common difference of 3, write a few terms...

5, 5+3, 5+2*3, 5+3*3,

Right?

If you have an initial term of CAT and a common difference of DOG, write a few terms...

CAT, CAT+DOG, CAT+2*DOG, CAT+3*DOG,

Right?

If you have an initial term of 5y and a common difference of -3y, write a few terms...

5y, 5y-3y, 5y-2*3y, 5y-3*3y,

Right?

The symbols don't matter. It is EXACTLY the same thing. Don't let 'y' or anything else scare you.

1. The first term of the arithmetic sequence is 5y and the common difference is -3y. Write the equations for Tn and T15.

I have no idea why all of a sudden there are y in the question as I have not done questions like these yet in class. My teacher handed out a list of question to do from the text book and I have no Idea how to do this question whats so ever. I have class tomorrow and I want to have some sort of a general understanding of this type and we tomorrow we go to the next section of the unit and wont be going back to these types of questions.

Sorry I was not able to post and work… I honestly don't know where to start other then putting those numbers into terms?

5y= T1
2y= T2
-1y= T3

or simply use the formula for arithmetic progression. .An = A + ( n -1 ) D where An is the nth term, A is the first term and D is the common difference.
Tn = 5y +(n-1)(-3y)