Washing Powder

hitler didi

therer r many doubts to be cleared but plz help me may god help u
:D

Each packet of washing powder carries a token and four tokens can be exchanged for a free packet .How many free packets will I recieve if i buy 64 Packets??:!:

therer r many doubts to be cleared but plz help me may god help u
:D

Each packet of washing powder carries a token and four tokens can be exchanged for a free packet .How many free packets will I recieve if i buy 64 Packets??:!:

Please start a new thread with a new problem.

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

Reason it out, using paper and pencil to help keep track of the numbers.

If you buy 64 packets, how many tokens do you get?

Spend those tokens. How many free packets do you get for them?

Each of those free packets comes with a token. How many new tokens do you get?

Spend those tokens. How many more free packets do you get?

Each of those free packets comes with a token, too. How many total this time?

Spend those tokens. You get another free packet.

You're writing these numbers on paper in an organized manner, yes? Add up all of the free packets.

Cheers :cool:

Reason it out, using paper and pencil to help keep track of the numbers.

If you buy 64 packets, how many tokens do you get?

Spend those tokens. How many free packets do you get for them?

Each of those free packets comes with a token. How many new tokens do you get?

Spend those tokens. How many more free packets do you get?

Each of those free packets comes with a token, too. How many total this time?

Spend those tokens. You get another free packet.

You're writing these numbers on paper in an organized manner, yes? Add up all of the free packets.

Cheers :cool:

well this a quite long and never ending procedure but its easy

this a quite long and never ending procedure

I disagree with you on both points. :cool:

I used this procedure to solve the exercise in less than two minutes.

Hence, this procedure is neither "long" nor never-ending. (Two divisions, and addition of three numbers, basically.)

You posted on the arithmetic board; the arithmetic board is for basic arithmetic topics. Are you hoping for a more sophisticated approach? Are you trying to create a formula or summation pattern to answer this question?

I'm not really sure what you want from us; you hardly say anything in your posts. It's beginning to seem (for me) that you may be waiting for other people to do the work in various ways and post, so that you may then pick and choose what you like from the "menu". We're not running a restaurant here, ya know! (heh, heh)

Last edited:
I disagree with you on both points. :cool:

I used this procedure to solve the exercise in less than two minutes.

Hence, this procedure is neither "long" nor never-ending. (Two divisions, and addition of three numbers, basically.)

You posted on the arithmetic board; the arithmetic board is for basic arithmetic topics. Are you hoping for a more sophisticated approach? Are you trying to create a formula or summation pattern to answer this question?

I'm not really sure what you want from us; you hardly say anything in your posts. It's beginning to seem (for me) that you may be waiting for other people to do the work in various ways and post, so that you may then pick and choose what you like from the "menu". We're not running a restaurant here, ya know! (heh, heh)

excuse me well i didnot know that that we even have to write regarding the sum posted well from next time i will post where i am stuck but actually the sums i post i dont what aare the method how to solve it and what formula is used in these types of questions

excuse me well i didnot know that that we even have to write regarding the sum posted well from next time i will post where i am stuck but actually the sums i post i dont what aare the method how to solve it and what formula is used in these types of questions
Okay, that's part of your problem- you seem to be under the impression that you always solve math problems by applying a specific "method" or "formula" that you have memorized.

90% of math requires thinking about the problem, not just using some memorized formula.

And, frankly, if you have so many problems (you have nearly taken over this board) where you have no idea how to start even, this class is not for you and you should drop it.

Okay, that's part of your problem- you seem to be under the impression that you always solve math problems by applying a specific "method" or "formula" that you have memorized.

90% of math requires thinking about the problem, not just using some memorized formula.

And, frankly, if you have so many problems (you have nearly taken over this board) where you have no idea how to start even, this class is not for you and you should drop it.

u know i like maths but it sems like the subject does not like me seems so:lol: