Pages of Newspaper

hitler didi

I got these by brute-force (using excel) and using

62 + 72 + M2 = N2

where M & N are integers.

I started with N =10 and continued

can u ans one another question for me the question is as follows:

Pages 6 and 27 are on the same (double) sheet of a newspaper .What r the page numbers on the opposite side of the sheet ?How many pages are there in the newspaper altogether?
:?:

can u ans one another question for me the question is as follows:

Pages 6 and 27 are on the same (double) sheet of a newspaper .What r the page numbers on the opposite side of the sheet ?How many pages are there in the newspaper altogether?
:?:

Please start a new thread with a new problem.

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

Pages 6 and 27 are on the same (double) sheet of a newspaper. What r the page numbers on the opposite side of the sheet ?How many pages are there in the newspaper altogether?

Make sure that you understand the difference between the following pairs of terms.

sheet vs page

opposite side vs reverse side

You wrote "opposite side of the sheet" instead of "reverse side of the sheet". They're asking for the page numbers on the reverse side.

If you need help visualizing what's happening with page numbers in this exercise, then get yourself a few sheets of paper and fold each of them in half, stack the folded sheets as though they were a newspaper, and then number the pages from front to back.

After you've numbered the pages, disassemble your "newspaper" and examine what's happening with the page numbers. You should see four page numbers per sheet of paper; two on one side, and two on the reverse side.

Look for a pattern!

Please come back here and post some specific questions or thoughts, if you require more guidance.

Cheers :cool:

Make sure that you understand the difference between the following pairs of terms.

sheet vs page

opposite side vs reverse side

You wrote "opposite side of the sheet" instead of "reverse side of the sheet". They're asking for the page numbers on the reverse side.

If you need help visualizing what's happening with page numbers in this exercise, then get yourself a few sheets of paper and fold each of them in half, stack the folded sheets as though they were a newspaper, and then number the pages from front to back.

After you've numbered the pages, disassemble your "newspaper" and examine what's happening with the page numbers. You should see four page numbers per sheet of paper; two on one side, and two on the reverse side.

Look for a pattern!

Please come back here and post some specific questions or thoughts, if you require more guidance.

Cheers :cool:

thanks now i got the question but dont know what the ans should be
and in the question it is written opposite side not reverse:!:
i need help to know how to solve these kinds of questions
thanks in advance

If you are reading a newspaper and are looking at page "4", the "opposite page" is the one facing it, page "3". The "reverse page" is the one printed on the other side of the paper, page "5". If you are not sure which is intended, you had better ask your teacher.

If you are reading a newspaper and are looking at page "4", the "opposite page" is the one facing it, page "3". The "reverse page" is the one printed on the other side of the paper, page "5". If you are not sure which is intended, you had better ask your teacher.

See actually we were never thought this sum or the other kinds of sums which i have posted
and now the problem is that the teacher is not ready to ans the question as she says keep ur doubts for oct nov and we have to give ig exam in june but the portions r not complete .by the time we finish our portions it will be feb, june we will be giving exams so no time for revisions only doing past papers.And even if we ask her to tell the ans she says do the past paper frist and then i will ans u .At the end no revision done ,no proper practice,so thats why i ask all my doubts here