percentage change formula

N

Nature Loving

please let me know the percentage change formula (final-initial)/initial*100 can be applied to check the change in land area covered by vegetation during 4 years timespan? what incase if the result comes negative, does it means that Area occupied by vegetation is decreased now? or that formula is not applicable to detect change in land area?

Last edited:
please let me know the percentage change formula (final-initial)/initial*100 can be applied to check the change in land area covered by vegetation during 4 years time span? what in case if the result comes negative, does it means that Area occupied by vegetation is decreased now? or that formula is not applicable to detect change in land area?

Percentage change can be applied to any and all changes - where initial condition and final conditions are known.

Please put up an actual problem - including your work/thoughts and we can give you more specific answer.

please let me know the percentage change formula (final-initial)/initial*100 can be applied to check the change in land area covered by vegetation during 4 years timespan? what incase if the result comes negative, does it means that Area occupied by vegetation is decreased now? or that formula is not applicable to detect change in land area?
That formula is applicable to anything for which you want to measure the RELATIVE amount of change unless the starting position is zero.

Because you are subtracting starting position from final position, the percentage will be positive if the final position is greater than the starting position and will be negative if the final position is less than the starting position.