help

boogie

i have problems starting a new thread.
how do i know which direction a slope angles
when doing an inequality.
x+y=4 is in the #1 quad with a \ left slope but,,,
2x+24<6 how do i know if the slope is left or right?

test points are one way,but seems there could be better way

is it it just graphing a slope??????

i get the shading the solution side , but the angle ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::shock::shock::shock::cry::cry::D:D:shock::D:cry::shock::shock::shock::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

thanx DAN

i have problems starting a new thread.

Use the button on the board index page (near upper left) for starting a new thread; it is labeled:

[Post New Thread]

how do i know which direction [the following] slope angles

2x+24<6

That inequality represents a half-plane with a vertical border. In other words, it is graphed as a dotted, vertical line passing through some point on the x-axis, and ALL of the points to the left of that dotted line comprise the inequality's solution set.

x = C is the equation for a vertical line, where the point (C,0) is the x-intercept of the vertical line.

Vertical lines do not have slope. All other lines have slope.

Solve that inequality, and you'll find C.

Does this answer your puzzle? :cool:

PS: If you have any more questions about this exercise, it may be nice for us to see the entire wording. Cheers

Last edited:
well mmmmmmm4bot

i wrote out an equation for 2 problems, but they are on a new thread, and i cant find it yet,

i will copy my writings on here if i cant find it, so hold on a while and i stink at typing, I'LL BE BACK!!!!!!!!:)

Use the button on the board index page (near upper left) for starting a new thread; it is labeled:

[Post New Thread]

That inequality represents a half-plane with a vertical border. In other words, it is graphed as a dotted, vertical line passing through some point on the x-axis, and ALL of the points to the left of that dotted line comprise the inequality's solution set.

x = C is the equation for a vertical line, where the point (C,0) is the x-intercept of the vertical line.

Vertical lines do not have slope. All other lines have slope.

Solve that inequality, and you'll find C.

Does this answer your puzzle? :cool:

PS: If you have any more questions about this exercise, it may be nice for us to see the entire wording. Cheers