Percentage question

bumbahead

If i sold 145 cars which represents 86.8% of my objective, how many cars do I have to sell to be at 100%? And what is the formula for that? thanks

If i sold 145 cars which represents 86.8% of my objective, how many cars do I have to sell to be at 100%? And what is the formula for that? thanks

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (not a statement like "Don't know any of these")

Please share your work with us indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

Ok...suppose you let x = number of cars you need to sell, which is your objective, right?

You also know that your current sales represents 86.8% of your goal.

Current sales = 86.8% of objective

Your current sales are 145.

145 = 86.8% of x

You'll need to write 86.8% in decimal form as 0.868

145 = 0.868*x

Ok...can you take it from here?

Once you find the value of x, you can find the number of sales you need to make, and determine how many MORE sales you need.