Writing book on hairstyles, number problem

R

Raychel

I am writing a How-to style hair book and wish to brag how many styles the book will help the readers create. I have a spin wheel inside the book. In case I cannot upload a photo, I will describe it. 4 wheels stacked up on each other with an arrow on top. Each wheel spins separately. The largest has 36 different braid types. The next has 12 braid shapes. The next has 9 accents to be used. And the final has 2 ways to do the hair...up or down.

[I could pretend this is something else and say I have 36 differently shaped objects and I want to change each one to 12 possible colors also each of those possibilities in 9 different sizes while factoring in 2 different possible materials (wood and plastic)]

Can some willing brilliant person do this for me and tell me how many possible styles my 'Braider Creater' would create?

It has been 22 years since I was in a math class and I failed the class.

Attachments

• Braider Creater.jpg
    Braider Creater.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1
I am writing a How-to style hair book and wish to brag how many styles the book will help the readers create. I have a spin wheel inside the book. In case I cannot upload a photo, I will describe it. 4 wheels stacked up on each other with an arrow on top. Each wheel spins separately. The largest has 36 different braid types. The next has 12 braid shapes. The next has 9 accents to be used. And the final has 2 ways to do the hair...up or down.

[I could pretend this is something else and say I have 36 differently shaped objects and I want to change each one to 12 possible colors also each of those possibilities in 9 different sizes while factoring in 2 different possible materials (wood and plastic)]

Can some willing brilliant person do this for me and tell me how many possible styles my 'Braider Creater' would create?

It has been 22 years since I was in a math class and I failed the class.
\(\displaystyle 36 * 12 * 9 * 2 = 7,776.\)

For each braid type, there are 12 shapes, and there are 36 braid types so that gives you 36 * 12 = 432 different ways to do the braids.

For each of the 432 ways to do braids, you could use any one of 9 accents, or 9 * 432 = 3,888 ways.

But up or down appears to be possible with each of those 3,888 ways, giving you 2 * 3,888 = 7,776 total possible ways.

My question is: when will I know that it is my wife and not some other woman?