Trigonometric Functions Problem

vicki.C

Hi, I actually have two word problems that I cannot figure out, any help would be great!

1. A person is riding on a ferris wheel that turns at a constant speed. The lowest point of the wheel is 1 m above ground level. Another person is standing at the side of the wheel on a platform 4 m above the ground. She notes the times the person on the wheel is at the same level as she is. The intervals between two successive times are alternately 6s and 18s.
a) what is ther period of the rotation of the ferris wheel?
b) what is the radius of the wheel?

2. A bike has wheels with radius 30 cm. The bike moves along the road at a speed of 6 m/s.
a) determine the period of the rotation of the tire, that is, the time required for the tire to make one complete revolution.
b) the outside of the tire has some paint on it. Determine the equation for the height, h(t),meters of the paint point above the road as a function of time, t seconds. Assume the paint point is at its highest point when t=0.

Hi, I actually have two word problems that I cannot figure out, any help would be great!

1. A person is riding on a ferris wheel that turns at a constant speed. The lowest point of the wheel is 1 m above ground level. Another person is standing at the side of the wheel on a platform 4 m above the ground. She notes the times the person on the wheel is at the same level as she is. The intervals between two successive times are alternately 6s and 18s.
a) what is the period of the rotation of the ferris wheel?
b) what is the radius of the wheel?

2. A bike has wheels with radius 30 cm. The bike moves along the road at a speed of 6 m/s.
a) determine the period of the rotation of the tire, that is, the time required for the tire to make one complete revolution.
b) the outside of the tire has some paint on it. Determine the equation for the height, h(t),meters of the paint point above the road as a function of time, t seconds. Assume the paint point is at its highest point when t=0.

Please share your work with us.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (e.g. "are these correct?")