pair of straight line

chandra21

i have a question over pair of straight lines. Consider the pair of straight line with do not intersect at origin.i try to find out of the intersection of those straight lines. I make it in two different ways. Firstly, i shift the origin to the intersecting point of those straight lines,and get a point of intersection. Secondly, i write the equation in two linear factors ,and by cross multiplication i have a point of intersection. In both cases i express it in terms of the coefficient of the x^2,y^2,xy,x,y,and constant,but the points are different in expression. Please look forward it.

Consider the pair of straight line with do not intersect at origin. try to find out of the intersection of those straight lines. I make it in two different ways. Firstly, shift the origin to the intersecting point of those straight lines and get a point of intersection. Secondly, write the equation in two linear factors, and by cross multiplication have a point of intersection. ...the points are different in expression. Please [reply with explanation; I] look forward [to your reply].

Without seeing what you've done, I'm afraid it isn't possible to review for errors. Sorry. Kindly please reply with a clear listing of your steps and results for both methods. Thank you! ;)

can you please do it for me? I will give you sufficient information.

i have a question over pair of straight lines. Consider the pair of straight line with do not intersect at origin.i try to find out of the intersection of those straight lines. I make it in two different ways. Firstly, i shift the origin to the intersecting point of those straight lines,and get a point of intersection.
HOW do you do that if you do not know what the point of intersection is?

Secondly, i write the equation in two linear factors ,and by cross multiplication i have a point of intersection. In both cases i express it in terms of the coefficient of the x^2,y^2,xy,x,y,and constant,but the points are different in expression. Please look forward it.
What linear factor are you talking about? And what x^2, y^2, xy? A pair of lines would be given by two linear equations.

can you please do it for me? I will give you sufficient information.
Sorry, but I'm not one of the people who does that. Poke around, and you should be able to find them around here. Private-message one of them for a complete worked solution to hand in to your professor. :wink:

Of course, you won't have learned to do it yourself and so will probably fail the next test.

You learn mathematics by doing mathematics, not by seeing someone else's work.