Surface Area of curve revolved around Y-axis

breadboard

Hello everyone, I am a newly registered member posting (hopefully correctly) my first ever post! Thanks for your time!

\\Begin Problem

Find the area of the surface generated when the given curve is revolved about the y-axis.

y=(2x)^(1/3) for 0<=y<=3

The Surface Area is [Answer in box] square units
(Type an exact answer in terms of pi)

\\ End Problem

I have spent far too much time on this problem (over 3 hours 1 problem, ridiculous), I am odiously missing something simple or just failing to do the math correctly. Unfortunately this is one of those problems where you have to type it into a computer. The other 5 I did in like 10 minutes.

Hello everyone, I am a newly registered member posting (hopefully correctly) my first ever post! Thanks for your time!

\\Begin Problem

Find the area of the surface generated when the given curve is revolved about the y-axis.

y=(2x)^(1/3) for 0<=y<=3

\\ End Problem

I have spent far too much time on this problem (over 3 hours 1 problem, ridiculous), I am odiously missing something simple or just failing to do the math correctly. Unfortunately this is one of those problems where you have to type it into a computer. The other 5 I did in like 10 minutes.

If you post some of your work, we can assist you to correct your mistake.

Please share your work with us.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (e.g. "are these correct?")

\\Begin Problem

y=(2x)^(1/3) for 0<=y<=3

\\ End Problem

We really do need to see your work!

Have you found the radius?
What is the increment of area?
Where are you actually getting stuck?