Need Help

If these are questions asked in the past as a test for promotion to a given position or job then we have to assume that the position or job will require that a person be able to do things like that fairly easily.

I'm still puzzling over why Rajiv would want to be promoted to a job he tells us he won't be able to do!

If these are questions asked in the past as a test for promotion to a given position or job then we have to assume that the position or job will require that a person be able to do things like that fairly easily.

I'm still puzzling over why Rajiv would want to be promoted to a job he tells us he won't be able to do!

May be he believes that the knowledge of mathematics has nothing to do with this position - may be he believes "the test" is just a facade to keep people out. May be an "illegal" preview copy of the test is out and Rajiv is trying what all others are trying.

Shameful - but it happens you know....

got answers need verification

worked out 3 answers...
hope its right

if 2x-y =10 3x +y = 5 the cancel y and - y to get 5x = 15 so x = 15/5 = 3
if 2x-y = 10 and -3x-y=-5 then multiply the first equation by 3 and second equation by 2 to get
6x-3y=30 and -6x-2y=-10 so cancelling 6x and -6x we get -5y = 20 so y = 20/-5 = -4 so the value is [3,-4]

next one if a = [1,2,3] b = [2_4_1]
then ab (multiply row x column) = 1x2 , 2x4, 3x1 = [2,8,3]

next one if n e R then nI_2 = [n 0 , _0,_n]

guess i got 3 answers right ... do tell me if i got it right or not... thanks in advance :D

worked out 3 answers...
hope its right

if 2x-y =10 3x +y = 5 the cancel y and - y to get 5x = 15 so x = 15/5 = 3
if 2x-y = 10 and -3x-y=-5 then multiply the first equation by 3 and second equation by 2 to get
6x-3y=30 and -6x-2y=-10 so cancelling 6x and -6x we get -5y = 20 so y = 20/-5 = -4 so the value is [3,-4] ... Correct

next one if a = [1,2,3] b = [2_4_1]
then ab (multiply row x column) = 1x2 , 2x4, 3x1 = [2,8,3] .... Correct

next one if n e R then nI_2 = [n 0 , _0,_n].... Don't quite what does this mean!!

guess i got 3 answers right ... do tell me if i got it right or not... thanks in advance :D

more answers :D

Got help from this awesome guy from this site http://www.math10.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=961 and solved a few more ;)

he says y = 6x^-3

then y' = 6x (-3) x^-3-1

so therefore for y = ax^n
then y' = axn x^n-1

also, if y = x^9
then y' = x(9) x^9-1
= 9x^8

do verify these answers if i got them right... :D yaay ... still working

typo error duno how to type that symbol!

thats the answer for second one ... i duno how to enter it using ma keyboard but the answer i doubt is inverted [Y , 0 and below that 0 , inverted Y ]
hope u understand wat i mean! :p

two more ;)

if y = 4 root x
then y' = 4 (1/4 root x ) root x^-1

if p = 4q^3.2
p' = 4(3.2) q^3.2-1
= 12.8 x^2.2

hope these answers r right ... do check and let me know :D thanks in advance ... wil try others as they seem scary with fractions and roots! ;)