"probability exercise"?

muffins4all

I have a probability worksheet that I'm just completely lost on. I need explained exactly HOW to get the answers. Not necessarily the answer itself.

A manufacturer claims that 80 percent of their customers are fully satisfied with their product. selecting a group of 12 customers...

what is the expected number of fully satisfied customers?

what is the probability that there are 0 satisfied customers?

what is the probability that there are 12 satisfied customers?

what is the probability that there are no more than 5 customers that are fully satisfied?

what is the probability that there are 6 or more customers that are fully satisfied?

I need the pathway to the answer, not the answer itself, i would prefer to try and find the answers on my own.

I have a probability worksheet that I'm just completely lost on. I need explained exactly HOW to get the answers. Not necessarily the answer itself.

A manufacturer claims that 80 percent of their customers are fully satisfied with their product. selecting a group of 12 customers...

what is the expected number of fully satisfied customers?

what is the probability that there are 0 satisfied customers?

what is the probability that there are 12 satisfied customers?

what is the probability that there are no more than 5 customers that are fully satisfied?

what is the probability that there are 6 or more customers that are fully satisfied?

I need the pathway to the answer, not the answer itself, i would prefer to try and find the answers on my own.

Have you learned the Binomial Distribution?

In the binomial distribution "n" would be 12, "x" would be 0 customers, 12 customers etc... and "pi" would be .80?

If I'm correct about these variables then i should have no problem solving these questions. I didn't even think to consider the binomial distribution.

In the binomial distribution "n" would be 12, "x" would be 0 customers, 12 customers etc... and "pi" would be .80?

If I'm correct about these variables then i should have no problem solving these questions. I didn't even think to consider the binomial distribution.

Correct, except it is not "pi" = 0.80, it's simply p = 0.80

Correct, except it is not "pi" = 0.80, it's simply p = 0.80

okay, our teacher kept saying "pie" but then said it's not really "pie" but a greek symbol that I couldn't figure out how to type. Anyhow thanks for all the help! I should be able to take it from here.

Yes, some texts (and people) do use "\(\displaystyle \pi(x)\)" rather than "p(x)" for "the probability of x" (especially, but not limited to, Eastern Europeans). Use whatever your teacher uses.