angular velocity of minute hand

sayyadina

"Find the angular velocity of the minute hand of a clock. Choose all that apply."

The book I'm using really didn't explain very much about angular velocity.

All I was taught is that angular velocity = central angle subtended/time.

So, in this case time is either 1 minute, 60 seconds or 1/60 hour. And central angle subtended essentially means the opposite angle. But I have no idea what the angle measures in this case.

I really don't understand what's going on with this problem, and how I'm supposed to solve it.

"Find the angular velocity of the minute hand of a clock. Choose all that apply."

The book I'm using really didn't explain very much about angular velocity.

All I was taught is that angular velocity = central angle subtended/time.

So, in this case time is either 1 minute, 60 seconds or 1/60 hour. And central angle subtended essentially means the opposite angle. But I have no idea what the angle measures in this case.

I really don't understand what's going on with this problem, and how I'm supposed to solve it.
Rather than figuring out how far the minute hand goes in one second, work with the time interval of 1 hour. The minute hand makes one revolution, which is \(\displaystyle 2\pi\) radians. The angular velocity has units of radian/time. You can convert rad/hr to rad/min and rad/s.

I think using radians is part of the issue. I just can't picture what radians look like. So I converted all the choices I have to work with to degrees.

pi/6 rad/hour = 30 deg/hour

pi/30 rad/minute = 6 deg/minute

pi/60 rad/second = 3 deg/second

pi/12 rad/minute = 15 deg/minute

2pi rad/hour = 360 deg/hour

pi rad/minute = 180 deg/minute

pi/120 rad/second = 1.5 deg/second

When I look at it that way, the only one that looks to be true is 2pi rad/hour. Or is there another that's right too?