Stuck on a quadrilateral and ratios problem. Anyone think they see it?

Nickhostess

The exact wording the question uses is For this exercise, use the drawing and extended ratio of

Exercise 29. If NP=2*XY and WZ=3.5, find MQ.--------> I attached a picture f what I have so far.

Exercise 29 proved that YZ=2.57, so I think I'm suppose to stay on this train of thought and use ratios to solve this one. Basically the two quads are similar, I just have to find the values. I've tried every possible combination I can think of, and end up usually with XY=4.08, NP=8.16 and QM=7. I feel like I'm wrong here though. Does anyone see my mistake? This one seems deceptively simple I just don't really understand it. Thanks!

Attachments

• math pic.jpg
    math pic.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 0
The exact wording the question uses is For this exercise, use the drawing and extended ratio of

Exercise 29. If NP=2*XY and WZ=3.5, find MQ.--------> I attached a picture f what I have so far.

Exercise 29 proved that YZ=2.57, so I think I'm suppose to stay on this train of thought and use ratios to solve this one. Basically the two quads are similar, I just have to find the values. I've tried every possible combination I can think of, and end up usually with XY=4.08, NP=8.16 and QM=7. I feel like I'm wrong here though. Does anyone see my mistake? This one seems deceptively simple I just don't really understand it. Thanks!
What you have doesn't work - the question must be how much of Ex. 29 carries over.

From the given ratio, NP = 2*XY,

then NA = 2*WZ = 7

The other two ratios don't work - keep the lengths that were "given" and use the ratio = 2.

a little confused on the directions, don't really know what you mean by NA or make the ratio=2. Do you mean for all sides? Why would it even be necessary to find NP that way? Anyway for some reason I keep ending up with 7, except once I came up with 6.99