Some of you guys are very rude to people asking questions and in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romsek

You should learn to tone it down. People come here for help, not to be insulted.

You should learn to tone it down. People come here for help, not to be insulted.
Thank you for your concern. I try to be patient, but sometimes I get upset with students who seem to ignore what they have been told, or who seem to be looking for "answers" instead of guidance. I'm sure we could all improve.

Question: do you think we should simply automatically provide answers and solutions,
thus pleasing everybody, where probably 75% are lazy students looking for someone
to do their homework? And then the "word" will get around....get my drift?

No I don't. But I don't believe there is ever any call to insult someone. If you think someone is trying to get you to do their work for them you have two options, call them out on it, or ignore them and move on to the next person.

For the most part the insults I have seen have been with regard to someone not knowing how to do relatively simple things, such as making basic algebra mistakes, not trying to get someone to do their work for them.

Not everyone is a math whiz. Sometimes adults have managed to get through a good part of life without learning much math. This doesn't make then any less of a person than someone who happens to be good with math.

No one deserves petty little insults.

You should learn to tone it down. I counter that you aren't be strict enough with the students.

People come here for help, And you have often been sloppy, careless, incorrect, and giving students the wrong ideas much of the time.*

not to be insulted. You're a hypocrite. Stop with your cussing elsewhere in other posts.

Romsek, you have shown that you are not cut out to be an effective helper here, because of the reasons listed in * above
combined with the fact that you go on the attack when much of your wrong work is corrected by others, by me for instance.
You have trouble with your ego, and you use excuse-making to hold on to wrong and poor displays of math for what is
intended for students.

Romsek, you have shown that you are not cut out to be an effective helper here, because of the reasons listed in * above
combined with the fact that you go on the attack when much of your wrong work is corrected by others, by me for instance.
You have trouble with your ego, and you use excuse-making to hold on to wrong and poor displays of math for what is
intended for students.

yeah ok. There are a couple of examples where you and I have had issues out of the few hundred posts and dozens of folks I've helped here so far.

I don't see anything on this board that indicates you are the king here. I further see that you have made it your job to criticize, no.. to nitpick, other peoples posts rather than fulfill the primary function of this board which is to help students.

In short... piss off.

Of course.

Do you consider stuff like this as insults:
you need classroom help...
you are unaware of the basics...
(and the likes...)

I have to admit now that I have become more acquainted with this board and it's "environment" that the original post in this thread was out of line.

yeah ok. There are a couple of examples where you and I have had issues out of the few hundred posts
and dozens of folks I've helped [correction]and dozens you've led astray as I've already pointed out.
here so far.

I don't see anything on this board that indicates you are the king here. You're defensive because I'm very confident in what
I state, *and* I can argue correctly to a high degree.
You're threatened by someone who by me who is very sure of myself
in certain select areas I choose to look into.

I further see that you have made it your job to criticize, no.. to nitpick, other peoples posts I see you like to shoot the messenger
rather than to step up and improve your posts.

rather than fulfill the primary function of this board which is to help students.You're delusional. I get on their cases to be careful,
versus someone like you who lets them not even understand the difference between x-intercepts and y-intercepts, just for a
good example.

In short... piss off.<---- *Again*, I already warned you about cursing. No, if anything, I am now just more emboldened, because
I realize that you need to end your membership in this forum for your continued abuses in it and willing subpar help.

[in response to one of Denis's posts in this thread] I have to admit now that I have become more acquainted
with this board and it's "environment" that the original post in this thread was out of line.

No, you can own it, Romsek. As I already pointed out, you have shown much hypocrisy in the forum with your rudeness,
but specifically with your cursings, disrespect by not addressing by the proper username, acting hostile with your
defensiveness and your repeatedly bruised ego, etc.

Last edited:
No, you can own it, Romsek. As I already pointed out, you have shown much hypocrisy in the forum with your rudeness,
but specifically with your cursings, disrespect by not addressing by the proper username, acting hostile with your
There is a reason, lookagain, why we have moderators and why they usually if not invariably have private, polite conversations when suggesting a change in style or a correction to responders. Last time I checked, you were not a moderator, for which of course some of us are eternally thankful.

There is a reason, lookagain, why we have moderators and why they usually if not invariably have private,
polite conversations when suggesting a change in style or a correction to responders.

Were you aware of one post I made to HallsofIvy pointing out several (mostly of the typo type)
errors of his that went above and beyond by me in a caring/understanding way where I attributed
it to him "maybe being distracted" because he is a (veteran) user on multiple science/math forums?

Good luck with your quest. Everyone needs a good hobby. I'm going to go back to helping the students.

Good luck with your quest. Everyone needs a good hobby.
No, I don't "need" this, and it's not a "hobby."
Those sentences illustrate another quality of yours, Romsek. You're a liar, you misrepresent,
and you deflect because you can't argue against me the facts of what I stated that are your shortcomings.

I'm going to go back to helping the students. *Again*, no you are not, because you were not helping the students the first time around.
I have already been clear about this. Your record of posts shows you much not helping.
And this last sentence of yours is also disingenuous. It is indicative of you just running away.
. *** You are over all incompetent in forum tutoring, Romsek, and you are so by choice (read: mostly lazy) in not being thorough/detailed.

Your implicit derivative knowledge and/or presentation of it:
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/85263-Find-Second-Derivative-y-(x)

Your x- and y-intercept knowledge and/or presentation of it:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/85247-What-intercepts-to-state

You seem oblivious to the requirement of showing the defining of appropriate variable(s) with the/their equation(s):

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Romsek I'll give your suggestions all the consideration they merit.

lookagain said:
What you did, Romsek, is you without question failed to help the student because you typed up an equation,
and never even bothered to define the variables later in the post, much less not doing it prior to the equation where it makes the most sense.

Last edited:
. *** You are over all incompetent in forum tutoring, Romsek, and you are so by choice (read: mostly lazy) in not being thorough/detailed.

Your implicit derivative knowledge and/or presentation of it:
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/85263-Find-Second-Derivative-y-(x)

Your x- and y-intercept knowledge and/or presentation of it:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/85247-What-intercepts-to-state

You seem oblivious to the requirement of showing the defining of appropriate variable(s) with the/their equation(s):
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Romsek I'll give your suggestions all the consideration they merit.
Romsek has offered his apologies - and most of us have accepted it with humility (it takes a big human to know its faults) and the matter is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.