Please help me with this one, due asap ,

Thisis

I've been stuck on this for weeks and it was due last week. I really need this finished asap. I've done questions 1,2& 3 but I need help with the rest. I would appreciate it so much if someone anyone could help with this. I'm in your debt, thank you very much.

On Earth, the quadratic relation h = -5t2 + ut + ho can be used to determine the height of an object that has been thrown as it travels through the air, measured from a reference point. In this relation, h is the height of the object in metres, t is the time in seconds since the object was thrown, u is the initial velocity, and ho is the initial height.

1. Myrtle throws a ball upward from a second-floor balcony, 6 m above the ground with an initial velocity of 2 m/s. In this situation, u = 2 and ho = 6, so the relation that models the height of the ball is h = -5t2 + 2t + 6. Myrtle knows that changing the velocity with which she throws the ball will change the maximum height of the ball. Myrtle wants to know with what velocity she must throw the ball to make it pass over a tree that is 11 m tall.
a) Suppose that Myrtle just dropped the ball from the balcony, with an initial velocity of 0 m/s Write the quadratic relation that models this situation.
b) What is the maximum height of the ball?

2. Complete the square on h = -5t2 + 2t + 6 to determine the maximum height of the ball when Myrtle throws the ball with an initial velocity of 2 m/s.

3. Will Myrtle have to increase or decrease the initial velocity with which she throws the ball for it to clear the tree? Explain how you know.

4.Create relations to model the height of the ball when it is thrown from a second-floor balcony with initial velocities of 4 m/s and 6 m/s. Then determine the maximum height of the ball for each relation.

5. Using the graphing calculator, create a scatter plot to show the maximum heights for initial velocities of 0 m/s, 2 m/s, 4 m/s and 6 m/s. Is this relation quadratic? Explain how you know.

6. Use quadratic regression to determine the algebraic model of your scatter plot in the question above.

7.Use the model you created for the question above to determine the initial velocity necessary for the ball to clear the tree. Write the equation in standard form, then complete the square to show the maximum height of 11 m.

Thank you very much to whomever helps, even trying is a big deal for me, :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been stuck on this for weeks and it was due last week. I really need this finished asap. I've done questions 1,2& 3 but I need help with the rest. I would appreciate it so much if someone anyone could help with this. I'm in your debt, thank you very much.
Did you "do" the first three, or did you get others to do them for you (such as here)?

On Earth, the quadratic relation h = -5t2 + ut + ho can be used to determine the height of an object that has been thrown as it travels through the air, measured from a reference point. In this relation, h is the height of the object in metres, t is the time in seconds since the object was thrown, u is the initial velocity, and ho is the initial height.

1. Myrtle throws a ball upward from a second-floor balcony, 6 m above the ground with an initial velocity of 2 m/s. In this situation, u = 2 and ho = 6, so the relation that models the height of the ball is h = -5t2 + 2t + 6. Myrtle knows that changing the velocity with which she throws the ball will change the maximum height of the ball. Myrtle wants to know with what velocity she must throw the ball to make it pass over a tree that is 11 m tall.
a) Suppose that Myrtle just dropped the ball from the balcony, with an initial velocity of 0 m/s Write the quadratic relation that models this situation.
b) What is the maximum height of the ball?

2. Complete the square on h = -5t2 + 2t + 6 to determine the maximum height of the ball when Myrtle throws the ball with an initial velocity of 2 m/s.

3. Will Myrtle have to increase or decrease the initial velocity with which she throws the ball for it to clear the tree? Explain how you know.

4.Create relations to model the height of the ball when it is thrown from a second-floor balcony with initial velocities of 4 m/s and 6 m/s. Then determine the maximum height of the ball for each relation.
If you've done (on your own) Parts 1 through 3, then do for Part 4 what you did for Part 1a.

5. [/B]Using the graphing calculator, create a scatter plot to show the maximum heights for initial velocities of 0 m/s, 2 m/s, 4 m/s and 6 m/s.
Follow the instructions provided in your owner's manual (or taught to you in class) for doing a scatterplot.

Is this relation quadratic? Explain how you know.
Look at the picture. What do you conclude?

6. Use quadratic regression to determine the algebraic model of your scatter plot in the question above.
From this, it is obvious that the answer to Part 5 is "yes, the height values show a quadratic relation." Do the regression in your calculator, like they showed you in class.

7.Use the model you created for the question above to determine the initial velocity necessary for the ball to clear the tree.
Use your regression, and plug 11 in for the height. Where does this lead you? ;)