A Suggestion on Decorum

JeffM

Elite Member
I may be oversensitive, but I think the use of bold faced type to call someone a "psychotic liar" is excessive. Surely, regular type is sufficient.

If the poster was truly serious, we would have seen some underlining or use of some flamboyant colors I'm sure

All this religious brouhaha reminds me of an old joke:

Catholic guy: Father, my beloved dog just died, and I'd love a full funeral for it...
Father Soso: Oh I'm sorry my son, but we don't do that...
CG: oh well, guess I'll have to go see the Anglican Minister...but he'll charge me 8000 bucks...
FS: What? Oh but my son, you never told me your dog was Catholic...
:p
Must have been High Church Anglican

the use of bold faced type to call someone a "psychotic liar" is excessive

I agree.

And the following goes for all members.

Calling somebody a psychotic liar on the boards is excessive regardless of how it's expressed.

Anyone who crosses the line in this way earns a two-week vacation from the boards. This vacation will be immediate (i.e., as soon as it comes to this moderator's attention, and perhaps even sooner than that).

Here is a link to our FORUM RULES.

Last edited:
Calling somebody a psychotic liar on the boards is excessive regardless of how it's typed.

Anyone who crosses the line in this way earns a two-week vacation from the boards. This vacation will be immediate (i.e., as soon as it comes to my attention).

But Denis is abusing the Cricket players all the time - he should at least go to corner for that.....

Calling somebody a psychotic liar on the boards is excessive regardless of how it's typed.

Anyone who crosses the line in this way earns a two-week vacation from the boards. This vacation will be immediate (i.e., as soon as it comes to my attention).

OK then. Happy to have my error pointed out. I suspect that the next two weeks will be unusually free of rancor.

But Denis is abusing the Cricket players all the time - he should at least go to corner for that...

He should go somewhere. ;)

I've noticed what appears to be a trend, where Denis (not solely) winds up on the Math Odds&Ends board. Perhaps, future "abuse" of the sort that you mentioned will wind up there, as well. Then, you can send him to the corner of the Math Odds&Ends board? Where exactly is the corner, anyhoo? It's not in the sub-basement; I know, 'cause I've been down there before. (Very cushy!) :grin:

He should go somewhere. ;)

I've noticed what appears to be a trend, where Denis (not solely) winds up on the Math Odds&Ends board. Perhaps, future "abuse" of the sort that you mentioned will wind up there, as well. Then, you can send him to the corner of the Math Odds&Ends board? Where exactly is the corner, anyhoo? It's not in the sub-basement; I know, 'cause I've been down there before. (Very cushy!) :grin:
If I am going to be sent to the corner very often, I don't care about cushy, but I do hope it's near the faculty bar.

Hey Mark, your chance to construct a cryptic clue :rolleyes:

That R.I. spy is stupid -- or pointedly sharp! (5)

Edit: By the way, can "Rhode Island" be used to denote the RI part of the fodder?

Last edited:
why did you use "That" at start?

I thought that it would help R.I. read as a person's initials, but I like your idea better.

Short Rhode Island spy is stupid -- or pointedly sharp! (5)