Final step of Integration problem

Green225

Hi I have a question about the final step of an indefinite integral,

Integral of [2/{(x-2)^(4/3)}] I have used u substitution and have come up with -3/[(x-2)^(1/3)] + C however I have a solver that tells me that the answer is -6/[(x-2)^(1/3)] + C. I can't seem to find any reason for the change in numerator from 3 to 6. Is there anyone who could help me out? Maybe its something obvious but I just can't see it.

Thanks,
Andre

Hi I have a question about the final step of an indefinite integral,

Integral of [2/{(x-2)^(4/3)}] I have used u substitution and have come up with -3/[(x-2)^(1/3)] + C however I have a solver that tells me that the answer is -6/[(x-2)^(1/3)] + C. I can't seem to find any reason for the change in numerator from 3 to 6. Is there anyone who could help me out? Maybe its something obvious but I just can't see it.
You can use this webpage to check your work.

You can also differentiate the found answer to see how it all works.

Last edited:
What became of the 2 in the numerator? When you do that u substitution, you have to do something with the 2 in the numerator. It doesn't disappear.
God once dropped a 2 from the numerator in an integration. The result was the creation of black holes.

What became of the 2 in the numerator? When you do that u substitution, you have to do something with the 2 in the numerator. It doesn't disappear.
God once dropped a 2 from the numerator in an integration. The result was the creation of black holes.
The 2 in the numerator is just a constant. It's as if you are taking the integral, finding the result, and then multiplying the answer by 2. So if you take your answer that you dot and not multiply it by 2, you get the correct answer.

Capiche?